An on-going thread of Trump's Legal woes

Whoa whoa waaaiiiiiit–

So there’s a chance that the insurrectionists already sentenced and/or jailed might go free, and/or need to be tried again, differently?

And the number of charges against Trump re: the practice coup goes down to 2 charges?

WTF.
tl;dr = 1512.c.1 and .c.2 applies to only financial fraud… and not coups d’etat

13 Likes

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

8 Likes

Hey it’s more of a heads-up potential thing to watch out for next week.

O Mindysan, I do not wish to ruin your weekend!

8 Likes

Oh no worries, you didn’t, the fucked up timeline we’re living in did… but I think pretty much all of my weekends have been fucked up for a while now…

Sad Doctor Who GIF

Just ready to be in a less stupid timeline.

11 Likes

10 Likes

He’s lying again.

In Addition to being prohibited from attending my son Barron’s High School Graduation, I have just learned that the highly biased Judge in the Soros “appointed” D.A. Alvin Bragg’s Witch Hunt Case, will not allow me to attend the historic PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY argument in front of The United States Supreme Court, on Thursday, April 25th (next week!). This shows such great disdain and disrespect for our Nation’s Highest Court, especially for a topic so important as Presidential Immunity, without which our Country would never be the same!

He also shared this.

Did jurors actually state they were biased against him?

Law Professor John Yoo: “It’s pretty extraordinary…half of the jury pool already says that they’re so biased against President Trump that they can’t serve on the jury…”

4 Likes

They said it with tears in their eyes.

10 Likes

This John Yoo? Not sure why anyone ever needs to hear from that Nazi.

From the exchange he had with Professor Doug Cassel in December, 2005 at a debate in Chicago:

Cassel: If the President deems that he’s got to torture somebody, including by crushing the testicles of the person’s child, there is no law that can stop him?
Yoo: No treaty.
Cassel: Also no law by Congress. That is what you wrote in the August 2002 memo.
Yoo: I think it depends on why the President thinks he needs to do that.

15 Likes

The same Law Professor John Yoo of the Bush Jr era “torture memos”? Fuck that guy.

ETA: @FSogol

Coca Cola Coke GIF by Coca-Cola Oficial

14 Likes

So if Biden thought it was necessary to torture John Yoo, then he’s pre-approved, right?

10 Likes

Judge Juan Merchan issued a stern warning to Donald Trump for his reaction to a juror in the courtroom. But it was just that, for now — a warning — not to do it again.

The judge said earlier in court that Trump was gesturing and audibly speaking in the direction of the potential juror who was being questioned.

“I will not have any jurors intimidated in the courtroom,” he said after the juror left the court.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4597826-hush-money-judge-warns-trump-against-intimidating-jurors/

10 Likes

Give him 30 days in jail already. This is ridiculous.

12 Likes
11 Likes

Faster than expected.

11 Likes

It does seem very fast, but maybe that’s because I’m used to how California court seats jurors.

My last jury duty took three days of voir dire for a first degree murder case. I was one of the four remaining in the initial group of 75 jurors who sat through the entirety of voir dire and got released after the lawyers finally accepted and seated 12 jurors and three alternates.

12 Likes

… Yoo thinks the President can do anything he wants, except when it’s something Yoo doesn’t like

7 Likes

Too bad, so sad:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/16/trump-trial-reality-criminal-defendant-00152421

The article heading because the BBS preview box says the link returned an HTTP 403 error:

“The reality of being a criminal defendant on trial finally dawned on Trump. He didn’t take it well.”

5 Likes

Here in Ontario :canada: they pull names from, I swear hand on heart, a rolling drum like you see in church basements. If I ever spend a night in jail for contempt of court, it’ll be because I yelled bingo when my name was called… :man_facepalming:

14 Likes

They do that for federal grand jury duty for federal indictments. No voir dire and no one is excused, even if you’re a fed or a cop. They make them recuse themselves (sit outside) for any case that is within their department, OR if they happen to know the agent testifying or the particulars of the case. (We had someone from the DEA who was on our panel.)

7 Likes
6 Likes