An on-going thread of Trump's Legal woes

According to Cannon’s order, the discussion will deal with in-progress arguments over sealing and redaction issues “related to grand jury material attached to or quoted in” Trump’s motion to dismiss for prosecutorial misconduct resulting in due process violations and motion for relief related to the Mar-a-Lago raid and the unlawful piercing of attorney-client privilege, both of which were filed non-publicly with the court in late February.

The motion to dismiss was filed — along with four other motions to dismiss filed publicly — on Feb. 22 and alleges the government engaged in pre-indictment delay and grand jury abuses.

The motion seeking relief over the raid of the former president’s Palm Beach-based quasi-home-and-business alleges the government unlawfully obtained evidence in violation of the attorney-client privilege and seeks either suppression of such evidence or a dismissal of the superseding indictment due to alleged prejudice, according to a February report by NBC News reporter Katherine Doyle.

Those two motions likely contain a significant amount of information the government would rather not be made public.

Special counsel Jack Smith has fought vociferously to keep certain information in the case under lock and key.

MAGA Judge strikes again.

9 Likes

I thought the disclosure rules were pretty strict below SCROTUM?

Judge Aileen Cannon of the Southern District of Florida is presiding over former President Donald Trump’s criminal trial for allegedly mishandling classified documents. Cannon, herself a Trump appointee, attended two seminars at a luxury resort in Montana, but the privately funded seminar disclosures for both events were not posted online until NPR began making inquiries. Clerk of court Angela Noble told NPR in an email that the absence of the disclosures was due to technical issues and that “Any omissions to the website are completely inadvertent.”

“I… forgot!”

10 Likes

Where the lawyer seeks to withdraw due to a “breakdown in the attorney-client relationship,” that usually means the lawyer is not getting paid. It can also indicate the client is asking the lawyer to do something illegal or unethical, but I would be skeptical that would be the case here.

11 Likes

Why the FUCK is this judge still being allowed to try this case? What happened to the alleged oversight that was supposed to be keeping her in line?

8 Likes
5 Likes

Contrary to the FAKE NEWS MEDIA, I don’t fall asleep during the Crooked D.A.’s Witch Hunt, especially not today. I simply close my beautiful blue eyes, sometimes, listen intensely, and take it ALL in!!!

7 Likes

killing eve bullshit GIF by BBC America

9 Likes

Huh. I didn’t even know Donald Trump was allowed to take body parts into the court room with him. Wonder whose they were.

11 Likes
13 Likes

Just can’t get enough of that Stormy.

8 Likes

Turn up the volume to cover the trumps. Doesn’t help the smell, though.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Too cerebral. :wink:

10 Likes

Definitely need to put him on the stand!

14 Likes

They’re my favorite band you know. Massive Heart Attack, yes. Love them so much. And people are saying they love me a lot too! I jump really high when their music is playing. So much higher than Sleepy Joe can do.

11 Likes

I question that study because Trump seems to be angry all the time and yet he is still alive.

Dr Holly Middlekauff, a cardiologist and professor at UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine, suggests that these findings had the potential to assist physicians in advising patients with heart disease and anger issues to manage their emotions through yoga, exercise, or cognitive behavioural therapy.

I’m trying to imagine a doctor advising Trump to manage his emotions by practicing yoga and cognitive behavioral therapy. :thinking:

10 Likes

Triumph of the Will, or Birth of a Nation?

Decide American Horror Story GIF by AHS

7 Likes

Moron says what?

“Well, I’m not allowed to testify, I’m under a gag order I guess, right?” Trump said while turning toward Blanche. “I can’t even testify … No, we’re going to be appealing the gag order. I’d love to answer that question … but I’m not allowed to testify.”

12 Likes

Which do you think is worse, that he knows that not how any of this works, or that he doesn’t?

11 Likes

well, what he means is: there’s restrictions on what he can say. specifically, he has to listen to questions and answer truthfully. for a narcissist like him that’s straight up oppression.

what he wants - and has tried to do previously - is talk about how he was the best president evar, how it’s all rigged, and everyone else needs to be locked up

14 Likes