An on-going thread of Trump's Legal woes

Well…the “pound the table” part comes from a longer expression: When the law isn’t on your side, pound the facts. When the facts aren’t on your side, pound the law. When neither are on your side, pound the table. In other words, the lawyer didn’t have much choice. I’m sure Trump insisted on the appeal, which is his right. The facts and the law in this case are definitely not on Trump’s side, so what else can his attorney do? You also have to remember that because Trump was present in the courtroom, the attorney was also having to perform for Trump. And you know Trump wants to see some table pounding. So he may have just been making the arguments he knew Trump wanted to hear him make, even though he knew they were meritless.

19 Likes

A twinge of pity, gone in a New York second. :rofl:

10 Likes

13 Likes

Oh I had no such twinge. Not a bit. As I said, they knew who he was when they took him on.

14 Likes

Nice one, fuckface.

12 Likes

Going through the motions, faking the emotions?

8 Likes

I guess. At this point, I don’t know why anyone would take him on as a client unless they’re a true believer. So who knows. Even though this guy has argued cases before the Supreme Court multiple times, he may think saving Trump is worth whatever damage this is doing to his reputation.

13 Likes

Wait, what?

10 Likes

…again. :slightly_smiling_face:

TBF, we’ve had our own failures on the UK allotment…

15 Likes

Dammit, the judge in the Georgia election fraud case is throwing out parts of the indictment because he ruled that several of the crimes Trump & Co. are accused of committing fall under Federal authority instead of State authority.

So frustrating that TFG keeps getting away with this shit because he commits bigger crimes instead of smaller crimes. It reminds me of a bit from Boardwalk Empire in which Steve Buschemi’s character gets out of one charge by having his lawyer arrange for him to be charged with Federal sex trafficking, bumping the case up to another court where he was able to get everything dismissed with a small fine.

15 Likes
12 Likes