Anaheim City Council votes to approve Disney's 10-year, $2 billion plan to expand Disneyland Resort

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/18/anaheim-city-council-votes-to-approve-disneys-10-year-2-billion-plan-to-expand-disneyland-resort.html

5 Likes

Obligatory…

4 Likes
5 Likes

Season 2 Dancing GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

It’s like being in HS again… why do my knees hurt… :sob:

4 Likes

Then, the advertisers got in on it…

3 Likes

Typical! I wonder if they’d try that with the Eyes song I posted? :thinking:

3 Likes

I wonder how much of the decision to expand their theme park operations in California was driven by the hostility the company has been facing in Florida.

10 Likes

Probably a good deal of it… Or at least some of it.

6 Likes

Probably very little. Disneyland was in California before Disney considered Florida for anything. It’ll likely still be in California after the sea of ignorance has risen up and swallowed Florida.

8 Likes

At some point in the future, Disneyland will be California, and California will be Disneyland.
Probably after the San Andreas Fault finally did its thing and turned The Golden State into an island.

5 Likes

Agreed. You don’t make decisions like this based on short-lived issues like this, and Disney already has approvals for multiple new parks on their property in Florida anyway.

Disneyland has it’s own unique challenges that stem from a land rush that happened when they opened their gates (that actually caused Walt to go looking for more land elsewhere in the first place) compounded by there being a rather large and populated city surrounding the parks that represent a huge part of its business, despite huge external interest to visit “the original park” as well. They absolutely need to expand at this point just to meet demand.

3 Likes
2 Likes

:thinking: So, the main attraction will be Pirates of the Pacific?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.