Ancient relics swiped by Hobby Lobby are headed home to Iraq

I think that if King Ghidorah turned up at Hobby Lobby, they would notice. Own you physicality, dude. :wink:

2 Likes

So you’re saying sacking isn’t really a war crime? What the fuck is wrong with Americans

1 Like

4 Likes

Hello. American here.

Personally I think this fucker should go to prison for eons, along with every other fucker that helped them do this. As well as most of our other financial overlords, all of whom use European and other country based tax havens to avoid contributing fuck-all to our country.

So what is wrong with Americans? Speaking for this American, I don’t have the power to make any of that happen. That’s what’s wrong.

ETA oh yes, I can vote. And I do, at every opportunity. Yet somehow that’s not helping one fucking bit. It’s hard to win the game when the rules change and the dice are loaded.

6 Likes

Well, they were busted by the United States Justice Department, not the authorities of some other country.

Hobby Lobby didn’t get these artifacts by filing the official paperwork to use the approved ‘Looting Ministry of America’. Instead, Hobby Lobby got them from several Middle Eastern countries, such as the United Arab Emirates, which are not actually American.

2 Likes

It’s a tax dodge, run through (as another poster mentioned) The Museum of the Bible.

Bible Nation The United States of Hobby Lobby

This book goes into quite a bit of detail if anyone’s interested.

3 Likes

in a bible museum you can tell people they say anything you want…

well some old tablets that contain ancient inscriptions do add the surface appearance of historical legitimacy to whatever bullshit they are selling.

of course they could also just be doing it for the money, these things are invaluable. whatever the case these people are a-holes, but we all already knew that. :slight_smile:

I suspect the motivation may have been similar to why military organisations tend to collect the battle flags of defeated enemies. Trophies of conquest.

1 Like

It is, and that sucks.

OTOH:

https://twitter.com/blackblocboi/status/974269522827005952

Sometimes you need to make your own rules.

It was a Snow Crash/L. Bob Rife scenario, one imagines.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.