Ancient Scottish stone circle turns out to have been built in 1990s

I’d be more concerned about the ones preserved in clear acrylic.

7 Likes

Most stone circles are like that.

This is one that was close to where I grew up.

9 Likes

It probably took a lot of gaul!

17 Likes

Like… high tea?

Surely not before tea.

7 Likes

Hundreds of years before the dawn of history…

5 Likes

I think this is the only high tea served at neolithic monuments

9 Likes

The higher, the better, amiright? (nudge nudge)

Although it’ll make the orgy very interesting.

4 Likes

In ancient times, before the dawning of history…
No one knows who they were or what they were doing…

2 Likes

So, maybe not “ancient”, but at least “classic”, right? Isn’t 30+ years classic?

7 Likes

Classic rocks?

14 Likes

From at least 1745…

tumblr_mix1hiekXa1rpduwho1_500

5 Likes

When deep fried Mars bars are the national vegetable, finding someone as old as 40 is something of a task.

4 Likes

Interestingly (YMMV) I heard a snippet of a programme on Radio 4 a couple of days ago (The Food Programme) that seemed to credibly note that the deep fried Mars bar was more of a publicity stunt that (obviously, with hindsight) went extremely well, and was sufficiently widely reported to become apocryphal (i.e. “true”).
Presenter and interviewee concurred that nobody they knew had ever had one or seen one, or seen one on any chip shop menu, but a constant stream of tourists demanding to have one, keeps Scotland’s reputation alive in this respect.
Also, fish and chips came to Scotland from Italy? Who knew?

Found it. Get yourself a VPN (as needed) and listen. Ony 28 mins. The part I heard was fascinating and entertaining.

4 Likes

It’s good to know that the witches are still out there, protecting the soft spots from incursions by the Fae.

3 Likes

In other words, erected without a building permit.
Tut, tut, tut.

2 Likes

Yes. Use of the word “built” here doesn’t seem quite right, somehow.

Per the codes/regulations where I live, this is a “structural construction” which requires a building permit/planning permission.

Probably not even as much as ‘permitted development’ round here. Just a load of stones in a field.

1 Like

[clutches pearls]

3 Likes