Ancient tomb replaced by picnic table

If you can’t get rid of them, document them and they become features.

Unless they are instead speedbumps in the way to something greater. Then you develop a degree of hate towards them.

I don’t intend to get them to have a bite of me.

1 Like

Obstacles in your way only make you stronger and smarter, and life is too short for hate.
By all means foul the air with crematory effluence, many do, but if I get my way I’d rather feed the bugs and grow a tree.

3 Likes

Or the obstacles make you miss the deadline, fail the project, or eat disproportionate amount of resources. Which after a time gets rather annoying.

1 Like

If you think ants visiting your picnic is bad . . . wait until folks who use this table are plagued by a howling purple vortex which consumes their cooler, badminton set, and frisbee-chasing collie dog.

10 Likes

Some see the glass as half-full,
some see the glass as half-empty,
some see the receptacle as overly substantial for the substance contained therein.
:grin:

4 Likes

There is also the too often neglected but highly important question of what is in the glass.

6 Likes

I want to be shot out of a cannon for my funeral. Across the South Bank at the Houses Of Parliament. Boom! Splat! Like that.

10 Likes

Philistine! I shall be launched at the Houses of Parliament from an organic, heritage trebuchet.

8 Likes

You’ve got to get with the times, grandad. All the cool kids are doing gunpowder now.

4 Likes

Railgun!

2 Likes

Blow your mind - smoke gunpowder.

3 Likes

I promise this is my last off topic post in this thread.

Last Monday my wife and I were at our monthly beer brewing club meeting, on the third floor of a building with beautiful windows and views of the city. We notice some movement in the parking lot of a shop next to us while a speaker was talking about yeast propagation, yeast libraries, and other (no sarcasm) really interesting topics, and toour surprise what do we see?

They hauled out a fucking steel trebuchet.

It was a design I hadn’t seen before. With what looked like 100lbs of weight (45 kg) they started launching items a city block in distance, hitting heights of at least 50 feet.

It was one of those ‘only in weirdo oregon’ moments.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.