Anderson Cooper isn't a fan of Rod Blagojevich

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/23/anderson-cooper-isnt-a-fan-o.html

6 Likes

Is anyone a fan of him? Cause I assume 45 did it just to “piss off the liburls”.

25 Likes

Yeah I don’t recall any prominent figures from EITHER party crying tears for Blago before Trump’s pardon. I’m not sure Trump has an actual strategic or ideological rationale here beyond “hey, that guy really reminds me of me for some reason.”

33 Likes

He’s sending out this message: “To those being questioned now (or possibly in the future) as to my criminal and impeachable activities… stay silent except when defending me, risk jail, and – if necessary – I will pardon you.”

27 Likes

It’s the same thing with all his pardons.

17 Likes

Full video to watch cooper perform a k.o…

17 Likes

Follow the $$$$$$$$$

11 Likes

That was an interesting interview. I’m not sure that I would take Blagojevich at his word, but he now has the opportunity to prove himself by actually working to fix some of the problems with prisons in Illinois.

Not sure what else he can do at this point. Nobody would vote for him again (the Illinois I know isn’t that stupid), and nobody in the private sector would trust him with a burnt-out match, so he’s got nothing to lose by joining a non-profit and tackling a job like that. It’s literally the only option I see where he could redeem himself in the court of public opinion.

4 Likes

seriously, the full video is a masterpiece, and for reals, nobody is a fan of that asshole.

16 Likes

I have a feeling that he’ll have little to no problem getting something in the part of the private sector that backs Trump, and with Trump’s ‘job referral’. Helps keep ‘quality’ b.s. flowing from Blago.

9 Likes

Yeah, but how long 'till he has a six figure job as a commenter on Fox News?

11 Likes

Yeah, Fox is his most likely option. “a Democrat” who loves Trump!
He can’t run for public office as he was not pardoned. Trump only commuted his sentence.

I’m actually more interested in if he will go back to dyeing his hair.

4 Likes

Except for the office of governor, that, at least was forbidden him by the articles of impeachment in Illinois.

3 Likes

I mean, the guy threatened to withhold money from sick children if the hospital CEO didn’t give him a donation. The only person who could possibly be okay with him is a sociopath who’s a fan of corruption. I.e. Trump.

Also he saw Blagojevich’s wife on Fox News, also also they have a long-standing relationship: Trump gave him money when he was in office (in return for…?) and Blagojevich was apparently on “Celebrity Apprentice” with Trump. It’s like a bingo of corruption and stupidity.

15 Likes

Thanks for the full interview link @politeruin. That was something.

1 Like

Well, Blagojevich is running around declaring himself to be a “Trumpocrat,” whatever the hell that is beyond a divisive phrase Trump might hope he can declare his followers as.

2 Likes

I am perfectly fine with Blagojevich being a Trumpocrat. I have this suspicion that it won’t help either of them.

7 Likes

Back when Trump was using the “my attempt to get Ukraine to do my personal bidding by threatening to withhold funds didn’t work, so therefore I didn’t do anything wrong” defense, many people were quick to point out that Blago’s attempt to sell Obama’s Senate seat didn’t work either, but that it didn’t mean he wasn’t guilty of a crime. Maybe this is Trump’s way of saying that if a crime attempt fails, you’re not really guilty.

I mean, yes, it’s patently absurd. But look who we’re talking about here.

5 Likes

Is it just me, or is that lede image looking like mediocre Buckaroo Banzai cosplay?

whichever Democrat is the one to take on trump they totally need to wear an ear piece with Anderson Cooper feeding them lines.

4 Likes