Angrier Things 2: Trump's Invasion from the Upside Down

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/23/angrier-things-2-trumps-inv.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH Donald Trump invades our reality from the Upside Down.

6 Likes

The idea that Trump would suddenly change direction once elected seems to be happening. Cunning ploy? Or is Trump in electioneering mood a different beast from everyday Trump? Itā€™s possible, as many professional politicians are like that. Is a dose of that old New York liberalism working its way through the system again? Or is he just saying what he thinks will keep the electoral college from becoming faithless?
Doubtless Iā€™d know if I looked at Twitter, but Iā€™m going to start looking at Twitter about the time I start regarding Pravda or Fox as reliable information sources.

8 Likes

Yeah, Pravda is just part of the Liberal Media Agenda. :wink:

5 Likes

Can someone tell me whatā€™s the deal with the frogs?

2 Likes

I presume it is something to do with the Netflix series ā€œStranger Thingsā€; though Iā€™ve not watched it, and so donā€™t know for sure.

1 Like

Are you accusing our Glorious Leader of hypocrisy? Donā€™t stand too close to me, citizen.

12 Likes

Itā€™s a reference to Pepe the Frog.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Iā€™m probably standing between 3 and 5000 miles away, youā€™re safe for now.
Please, btw, could you get Trump to sort out a job for Nigel Farage pronto? Doesnā€™t Elbonia need an ambassador?

6 Likes

Of course not, all the way through the election he said whatever he thought the people in front of him at that point wanted to hear. (I still maintain he could have run as a Democratic candidate just as easily ā€œWeā€™re going to have the best equality, the BEST! And healthcare? Let me tell you about healthcare, I want to tell you, the people of this country deserve the best, THE BEST healthcare, and thatā€™s what weā€™re going to give them, and weā€™re going to make cancer pay for it!ā€)
Heā€™s not some kind of fascist super villain, heā€™s just good at saying whatever comes into his head and making it sound sincere.

7 Likes

Itā€™s funny absolutely terrifying because itā€™s true!

Because the alternative is too terrifying to contemplate. It also helps that Trump is backing off from some of the things he threatened because heā€™s beginning to realize, now that heā€™s forced to think about them, that many of the things he promised would either be an enormous amount of work or actually impossible, or could bite him on the ass (or all three, in the case of the libel law threat).

4 Likes

Heā€™s working on it.

(May has already shot this down, of course.)

1 Like

[quote=ā€œEnkita, post:2, topic:89971ā€]
The idea that Trump would suddenly change direction once elected seems to be happening.
[/quote]In what way?

1. He canā€™t lock her up because sheā€™s more powerful in court that anything he can push and the evidence isnā€™t there.
  2. He canā€™t reverse Obamacare because it would take the Supreme Court or some sort of insane supermajority to completely overwrite the law with an even stronger law. The best they can do is take away parts of it.
  3. He isnā€™t draining the swamp because he never ever intended to and itā€™s a made up dreamland to think politicians can just be cut out of society.
  4. He wonā€™t back out of NATO because he literally canā€™t. Trade deals are the closest thing to a NWO we have.

Heā€™s still trying to do anything else on the stupid contract he wrote on his website. What is it he actually reversed a stance on that is something he can control the outcome of?

13 Likes

No, more of a fascist super idiot. He likes to be the dominant winner; that makes him feel good. He likes to bully others. Heā€™s totally narcissistic. He has a serious paranoid, vindictive streak. Does he have real ideological commitments? Not so much. This is actually kind of a problemā€“you never really know what heā€™s going to say from one day to the next. Except that it will probably be stupid, uninformed, noncommittal. He does seem to have some real racist and misogynist tendencies. He clearly isnā€™t bugged by the racist, stupid stuff people around him are saying and doing.

17 Likes

Donald Trump wanted to be president in the worst possible way.

And heā€™ll like get his desire.

7 Likes

Hey. I think we could all use this right now, before rejoining the battle:

2 Likes

Possibly also a callout to David Blaineā€™s recent trick.

2 Likes

Mr. Bolling is a genius. It canā€™t be said often enough.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.