A Calvinesque and Hobbesian look at Donald's many imaginary friends

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/18/a-cavinesque-and-hobbesian-loo.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH the plucky little boy president Donald checks in on his many, many imaginary friends.

7 Likes

This is getting pretty dark…

21 Likes

You mean the comic strip, right?

14 Likes

That as well, yes.

19 Likes

I really winced at the last panel.

12 Likes

It ALL points to Russia.

8 Likes

tumblr_973124f8c70e75a4da233a3d0c53fbf7_038d8335_640

17 Likes

Don’t wince; remember. And point it out to any jack-hole trumper you might encounter this holiday season. Ask if they’re cool with that. If they say yes, then two options depending on where you are:

1. Leave their house and don’t ever go back.
  2. Kick their ass out of your house. Physically if possible. In front of everyone else to make sure people know that this shit is not normal.
9 Likes

I guess all his super supportive “Jewish friend(s)” didn’t make the panel cut

1 Like

Having John Barron reduce to a loose pile of bills when the adults walk in is simply brilliant (chef’s kiss)

3 Likes

It isn’t Putin who’s putting those journalists’ decapitated heads in your bed L’il Donnie. It’s MBS. You know, that guy from Saudi Arabia.

I am anxiously awaiting the moment when our great and glorious pundits realize that the wave of authoritarian nationalism washing around the world is funded and directed by Putin and others, probably including MBS, because they want to keep the Carbon Bubble inflated. Nationalistic authoritarianism is a reaction to climate change. At some point, too late I suspect, we will realize the only real issue is the climate and how it affects everything else.

3 Likes

Bolling’s comics really went to the non-funny zone when they started to just simply document what’s happening rather than going off on some fanciful and ridiculous “it could never happen” riff on reality.

2 Likes

Yeah, not laughing.

Communist Insignia? Come on, the USSR collapsed thirty years ago. Is the Russian coat of arms not Russian enough?

1 Like

Here you go.

4 Likes

I assume “pupsik” is Russian for “dog vomit” because that would totally work!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.