Angry Karen educates Dunkin Donuts employee, explaining that a dozen means 50 donuts

Originally published at: Angry Karen educates Dunkin Donuts employee, explaining that a dozen means 50 donuts | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Well duh, it’s 13.

30 Likes

I think this is related:

Since ancient times, pandemics have spurred sharp turns in political beliefs, spawning extremist movements, waves of mistrust and wholesale rejection of authorities.

(Emphasis added: like, for example, mask mandates.)

18 Likes

And with pro-level mask malpractice, also.

8 Likes

And I thought I got pissed when I say a couple of something and I mean two, and people don’t follow.

People thinking 50 donuts is 12 is a perfect example of why teachers are not paid enough in the US, as well as why its a good idea to go into diabetic nursing as a career.

49 Likes

I hate these stories. Stupidity, aside, what happened next?

12 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but I get the feeling that statistical discussions about epidemiology aren’t going to be persuasive with this person.

Also, I wonder what she thinks a “baker’s dozen” is. Fifty-leventy?

38 Likes

And if twelve turned out to be fifty
I’d feel nifty :musical_note:

13 Likes

27 posts were split to a new topic: Think of the Karens

Dozen = 12
Baker’s Dozen = 13
Karen’s Dozen = 50

I weep for our country.

69 Likes

It was always soul crushing to me to have a patient come back in for a BKA after I spent countless hours teaching them about managing diabetes during their last hospitalization.

(This is in cases where the patient was well educated, comparatively affluent, and had a good support system)

7 Likes

The stupidity is the point! If you start looking for context, it might detract from your sense of moral and intellectual superiority.

5 Likes

*sighs

No, not ALL people; just enough to fuck things up.

59 Likes

Not just a sense. It’s real superiority.

What context would you need to see in order to say, “Oh, okay then”?

19 Likes

LOL. 50??? HAHAHAHAA! Ok, lady.

9 Likes

:man_facepalming: I weep for my country.

9 Likes

I’m not sure she actually believes what she is saying.

This could be her trying to scam a few extra donuts by being angry and insistent. This is a thing people do, and it sometimes works because the boss won’t miss a couple of donuts, and they are not paid enough to deal with this kind of BS.

18 Likes

I wonder if she has the same expectation when she buys eggs.

dozen-eggs

84 Likes

Dunkin Donuts is an AUTHORITY on what a dozen is.

17 Likes

In our house “a couple” is always an odd number, crazy I know, but that’s how we roll.

14 Likes