Angry Karen educates Dunkin Donuts employee, explaining that a dozen means 50 donuts

In yooper dat would be too-tree.

6 Likes

I disagree with everything about this video EXCEPT that when I order a dozen donuts i should get fifty. I can get behind that one. I fully support the “order 12, get 50” policy.

14 Likes

Does anyone else think they know who she voted for?

5 Likes

12 equals 50…

‘Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come .’

Victor Hugo

17 Likes

She went next door and got a dozen more nips.

3 Likes

You know that’s the addict voice speaking through the withdrawal …

1 Like

George Washington. And she was probably very angry and confused when she had to write him in.

7 Likes

Hurts, donut?
Moaaaar

3 Likes

There is really no shortage of stupid people

4 Likes

There are some social warning signs here, but I’m not seeing direct evidence that this woman is entitled, Turmpy or even especially mad. I am willing to stipulate that she’s a dum-dum though.

(Perhaps she thinks “dozen” means “standard number of”, so that a dozen eggs is 12 eggs but a dozen hot dogs is 10 hot dogs, or something like that).

3 Likes

Dunkin’ donut prices:

12 Donuts (1 dozen) - $9.99
Munchkins (50) - $9.99

So the price of a dozen DONUTS and 50 donut HOLES is the same.
There’s a couple of scenarios that now vaccilate between a speak-o (“I meant $10 worth of donut holes”) or willful ignorance (“I refuse to believe that there’s a difference between a Munchkin and a Donut, and I see a quote for $10 for fifty of whatever I want.”)

27 Likes

I sometimes say “a couple three” when I really don’t care.

9 Likes

no, it’s twenty :wink:

1 Like

And apparently dictionaries.

4 Likes

If I ordered a dozen and got twenty, I’d be like, “Score!”.

32 Likes

Is this why they believe Trump won?

14 Likes

YES, you ain’t in Kansas anymore.

6 Likes

For some reason I thought English had a word for a 50-count quantity of something, but apparently not. That’s some other language I’m thinking of. (“2.5 score” doesn’t quite do it.)

I’m guessing there’s something wrong with this lady (that might be, uh, chemically induced), as I don’t see how you mistake a dozen for 50. That’s not a thing.

Author Charles Stross has suggested something along the lines of that the human race evolved the absolutely minimal intelligence required for tool use, and stopped there. The last four years have really convinced me he’s on to something.

12 Likes

38 Likes

What’s a BKA?

2 Likes