Angry Karen educates Dunkin Donuts employee, explaining that a dozen means 50 donuts

Is this why they believe Trump won?

14 Likes

YES, you ain’t in Kansas anymore.

6 Likes

For some reason I thought English had a word for a 50-count quantity of something, but apparently not. That’s some other language I’m thinking of. (“2.5 score” doesn’t quite do it.)

I’m guessing there’s something wrong with this lady (that might be, uh, chemically induced), as I don’t see how you mistake a dozen for 50. That’s not a thing.

Author Charles Stross has suggested something along the lines of that the human race evolved the absolutely minimal intelligence required for tool use, and stopped there. The last four years have really convinced me he’s on to something.

12 Likes

38 Likes

What’s a BKA?

2 Likes

I mean, how do we really know it’s 12? Who’s your source on that?

You still believe THEM? It’s 2021. Get with the program.

In Florida, it’s Florida Man. Elsewhere, Morans.

9 Likes

It’s also a halfway decent explanation as to why these people are certain Trump actually won the election. I thought about that when the guy in the capital building yelled at security that there were “millions of us” out there. The seemingly innate inability to count might be a contributing factor to the ‘stop the steal’ madness.

10 Likes

A below-knee amputation (“ BKA ”) is a transtibial amputation that involves removing the foot, ankle joint, and distal tibia and fibula with related soft tissue structures.

13 Likes

Ouch. I’ve heard of people losing toes and such. That’s pretty bad.

I’m diabetic but I keep mine under control.

4 Likes

Now ask her if she’d like to receive a dozen lashes or fifty.

4 Likes

That seems the most likely scenario. Thanks for the info.

I see what you did there :wink:

14 Likes

My guess is that AK is trying to pull one over on the Dunkin’ Donuts people (very poorly I must add).

1 Like

Wonder where on earth she got the idea that a dozen of something was fifty of said item? Schooling is not what it was, y’know.
Looks like a Trump supporter to me.

I mean, you’re right, and everything . . . but I would still bet my left testicle she’s ‘trumpy’.

If I might be so bold, I’d say the stupidity is the tool for bludgeoning her point across. “Hear this voice/anger/certainty? That’s the sound of me getting my way so get a move on, you counterperson!” It’s the red herring the victim has to deal with while morality and intellect are, um, wanting.

2 Likes

Perhaps she counts in Base-48?

18 Likes

So, like, fifty in binary is 110010. There is an eleven in there, and some zero’s and a one, so if you add that up, 50 is totally 12, if you think about it.

9 Likes

base 48 numerals will never catch on.

3 Likes

Base, go ahead with transmission.

7 Likes

talking-heads-same-as-it

11 Likes