Angry "sovereign citizen" meets polite police officer

You never see “they should have complied” comments on these, just like you never see, “I wonder if he was operating as a sovereign citizen?” in the comments of the unarmed black man shot videos.

19 Likes

It’s ok officer, just close the browser window and go make a sandwich… wait you ran into someone like that in real life!

1 Like

Its all well and good when they’re funny. But these people are dangerous. Sovereign citizens/patriot movement/militia movement knobs are currently considered the largest terror threat in the US by the FBI and DHS.

17 Likes

Is that possibly because most African-American people (or other people of color, etc.) have more sense than to get mixed up in the ‘sovereign citizen’ movement BS?

2 Likes

Sovereign Citizenry, the courtroom version of Calvinball.

34 Likes

Cop: “You’re under arrest.”

Sovereign citizen: “NO I’M NOT!”

Cop: “You’re under arrest.”

Sovereign citizen: “YOU’RE THE PUPPET!”

30 Likes

Or because African-Americans who HAVE tried that were most likely shot dead. :frowning:

11 Likes

Cop was awesome. Girl is kind of awesome too. It’s too bad she was raised by kooks, but hopefully she’ll figure things out as time goes by.

2 Likes

I like when he explains that she hasn’t done anything yet, so if she just waits outside of the car she’ll be able to go free. My suspicion is that there were drugs in the bag that she was so concerned with.

8 Likes

I didn’t ask why the African-Americans in the videos never mention it. I asked why the people who attack them with “should have complied” in the comment sections of the videos never speculate about the possibility that the people in the videos

You know what? It’s too complicated to explain.

Yeah. You’re right. You got me.

1 Like

At first this seems like Anarchism, except that an Anarchist wouldn’t be spouting-off about laws everyone else were subject to. Then it sounds a little like political Nihilism, since no particular viewpoint really matters, but of course the laws wouldn’t matter either.

That’s when it finally struck me:

They’re just low-functioning idiots who want to both revel in their rejection of education, but still feel special by justifying their limited understanding of laws by using useless trivia they read on right-wing newsletters as if it were revealed knowledge granted to a deserving discipleship.

16 Likes

sovereign citizen - 0

police officer - 1

7 Likes

Do you not think that people should have to consent to laws?

Perhaps you think that its OK to be born into debt servitude? To inherit debts run up by others without signing up to them?

Curious

1 Like

My daughter and her boyfriend got talking to a couple camping (illegally) in a park. The guy expressed beliefs similar to the sovereign citizen movement. He also mentioned that he made a living by stealing bicycles.

21 Likes

Yeah, when the cop finally gets her out of the car (and she starts going even more nuts), you can hear her getting “upset” about him touching the bag. She’s all “you can cuff me with my bag on” and he says “You know what? You’re right.”
And I immediately thought: Smart man. Cuff her, then just cut the bag off while she can’t do much about it.

That poor, poor girl. Leave her alone!

13 Likes

I hunt bicycle thieves by night.

17 Likes

Short answer:

[ETA] @Andy_Gray had a nice, more detailed one.

11 Likes

The very nature of a law is that it is a rule you have to follow whether you agree with it or not.

If you do not believe current laws are serving the people you should get involved with the governing body that creates and enforces those laws.

26 Likes

I hunt them in the day.

Fuck those bastards.

12 Likes

Get a couple for me.

11 Likes