Angry "sovereign citizen" meets polite police officer

We don’t actually know this; what happened at the station when she got a chance to talk to his superior?

11 Likes

Whenever I need a quick pick-me-up I watch YouTube videos of bike thieves getting busted. Plenty of those videos to enjoy.

6 Likes

OMG, I just did a “view page source” on that… my eyes, my eyes! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

10 Likes

i preferred the made for tv version:

17 Likes

Well, obviously tl;dr. But it seems to me that even by this definition of “true law” you’re going to run into issue.

Who gets to decide what constitutes harming someone? Maybe we could all get together, and come up with some definitions that the majority of us can agree on? Actually, you know what, I’m pretty busy. How about we all get together once in a while, and appoint some people to come up with these definitions on our behalf?

26 Likes

“You don’t know your own laws!” Most ironic statement ever made?

6 Likes

I’m’a thinkin’ that this SC thing means that I get to make the laws that apply to the Sovereign State of Me (and my house, my car, etc. etc.) and can ignore anything outside if I don’t like it. Kind of like the back seat of the car: “This is the line (draws imaginary line down the middle of the seat)…”

3 Likes

Willing to bet she’s been in love with Johnny Twobitsshort (arrested early in the vid., clearly happy to let the little lady do all the yellin’) and he’s sold her on all that nonsense for the last three/four years. Also, protip: If you’re willing to operate in a way likely to involve arrest, then know the laws you’re using to defend yourself a little better than “because” and “reasons”.

Lastly, she REALLY seemed not to want to leave that purse behind. Mbe it was Gucchi or M. Kors? I’ll bet she and her pals are chuckling about all this now.

3 Likes

Yea, we’ve been following the GLP site ever since Y2K and Planet X. You may remember how those issues turned out.

“You naive rookie! She invoked her right to ignore all laws! Now we’re ALL legally on the hook for rape!”

20 Likes

Delightfully put.

8 Likes

OR get a passport and move to Somalia, OR heck even the Northern Territories where fringe behavior will likely ONLY kill you.

5 Likes

From what I understand these sorts of ideas are well liked by some of the “deplorable” set. But the whole radical self reliance, no government thing is sort of incompatible with the dark enlightenment hard on for monarchy and despots. So it’d probably be pretty interesting to look into.

4 Likes

8 Likes

But C10H15N is all capitals! it must belong to the government who are trying to plant it on her.

5 Likes

The boat is not moving, therefore it’s not trolling.

/pedant

16 Likes

I hope you have a yellow triangle on your 300 baud modem.

16 Likes

WRONG! Posts written in ALL CAPS have the force of COMMON LAW and are BINDING on all individuals.

24 Likes

Luckily, the ones over here seem to put all their resources into cryptic billboards:

29 Likes