Animal Rebellion enjoys pouring milk on store carpets

Of course, a lot of the time there’s no plan, and it’s just people being assholes under the cloak of a righteous cause.

2 Likes

I was involved in some radical vegetarian/vegan groups 20 years ago (before I got CFS and started reacting badly to onions, meaning that a vegetable based diet was near impossible for me under capitalism), and they hated this kind of action because it made life harder for all vegetarians and vegans. Needlessly making life harder for meat-eaters makes them resistant to changing their diets.

They used to rehome rescued lab animals too, because they knew that releasing them into the wild was a bad idea.

Leave this kind of arsehole performative bullshit to the Carnivore movement.

8 Likes

Rechts stehen, links gehen?

1 Like

Also even if you’re driving at the speed limit in the left-hand lane, you’re required to move over if people want to overtake you at a higher speed. If they want to break the speed limit it’s their problem; it certainly isn’t your prerogative (let alone your job) to educate other drivers about the rules of the road by obstructing their progress.

The problem here is, nobody is going to be actually listening to what they say when they’re thinking or saying to each other “What the fuck?” and “Great, now I can’t get my cheese/got to avoid stepping in this/can’t get past these dickheads.”
There’s no signs or logos or anything to indicate why they are doing it, to everybody at the store it just looks like random assholes committing random assholery.
The “awareness-raising” is only happening when they release the video/make a statement - and you can say, do, present, stage any attention grabbing thing you want at that point and it would have the same effect. So this is pointless, except for pissing people off with a performance of moral superiority.

If they really, really have to ruin random minimum wage employees’ days they could at least have more of a goal than raising awareness of an issue that everybody has some passing level of knowledge about anyway.
Issue some demands or something: “We’ll pour milk out and make a mess at S-Mart’s all over the county until the company agrees to give at least 50% of its shelf space to sustainable, vegan products!”

1 Like

I’m sure they are thankful that you helped them gain even more attention by posting their shenanigans.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.