Animal Rebellion enjoys pouring milk on store carpets

Originally published at: Animal Rebellion enjoys pouring milk on store carpets | Boing Boing

3 Likes

“Awareness” is a pretty dumb concept.

11 Likes

Was it lactose free?

5 Likes

They need to start a rescue cow shelter.

11 Likes

clockworkcheers

22 Likes

So, it’s bougie vandalism?

FWIW, if I’d witness something like this happening in public, I’d be extremely pissed. Both because it’s causing a safety hazard but also because someone in my family has a severe allergy to milk, and direct contact would induce a reaction.

There’s an easily-findable video online of some idiot throwing a couple jugs on the floor, slipping and falling immediately, and breaking his own jaw as a result. Just don’t do this.

25 Likes

Tell me you’ve never had to work a minimum-wage cleaning job without telling me you’ve never had to work a minimum-wage cleaning job.

58 Likes

Or fly to Afghanistan, Nigeria or another famine-stricken area and dump out milk in front of starving children while explaining that they can get all of the nutrients they need from plant-based foods easily procured from Whole Foods.

39 Likes

I don’t know if it’s just my perception or not, but it seems like the most controversial vegan activists seem to be operating out of the UK these days. Is there any background that explains that?

7 Likes

So they’ll order more to replace it, and use who knows how toxic cleaners to get it out of carpet and floors.

[Mission Accomplished.jpg here]

14 Likes

I think that pouring milk of a display of cheeses is about the most one can get into a single disruptive act.

1 Like

Can’t stand activists that are in it just to be assholes. They know this isn’t going to actually make a difference and that there are other ways they could better direct their efforts towards the same goal. But then they wouldn’t be able to harass people while feeling righteous about it. The goal is secondary to their own egos.

16 Likes

I think you’ve just demonstrated the answer is a resounding yes.

2 Likes

17 Likes

While I admire their commitment to get out there and civilly disobey, even though I disagree with their cause, this ain’t civil disobedience, this is vandalism. You don’t start a meaningful discussion and sway someone to consider your point of view by starting out destroying their property. These are the actions of spoiled, self-absorbed brats.

Oh, and an added bonus, I just happen to be sitting at my desk wearing my favorite Darigold sweatshirt as I write this.

16 Likes

I think you’ve not read the comments.

3 Likes

Something is rotten in the animal rights “community”; it generally stinks, and perhaps it would be wiser to question why such a cause produces horrid people?

8 Likes

It’s raised awareness about the kind of privileged upper-class twits who think they’re raising awareness about animal cruelty and environmental sustainability

18 Likes

I don’t know if hard data exists but I would imagine that there’s a broad spectrum of individuals in the animal rights community, even among hard-core vegans, and that the ones who are getting into the news for stunts like this don’t necessarily represent the community at large.

4 Likes

Just because you saw a demented Brad Pitt do it in 12 Monkeys doesn’t mean it’s a good idea.

Matter of fact, it had no effect in that movie either, except to confuse some really easily confused characters.

5 Likes