"Animals" escaping from Japanese zoos part of unintentionally funny drills

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/07/animals-escaping-from-japa.html

5 Likes

“Unintentionally funny” :question: :question: :question:

I think not!

2 Likes

Those real lions look incredibly close to that waist-high fence there.
I wonder if there’s more distance than we can see, or a perspex barrier or something?

2 Likes

The lions are taking careful notes on what not to do if you want to avoid the tranquilizer. :grin:

Detail note: the polar bear costume was missing the blood of at least one zoo worker’s head that became a bite sized snack in that exercise… :grimacing:

7 Likes

I know a guy who works at a zoo. They actually had an elephant get out of its enclosure once. Used a female to lure it back in… evidently there is a code word for an escaped animal, and procedures to shuffle people out in, depending on where they are.

4 Likes

Real lions: “Da fuq?”

4 Likes

Yeah, that funny-looking cat is waaay too slow using just the hind legs - why doesn’t it run fast like we would? :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Kudos to the people playing the escaped animals. They really went for it. Especially after they had been fake tranquilized.

7 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before a real ape realizes it could sneak out by donning one of those mascot costumes.

9 Likes

You sure this is zoo training in Japan? It really looks like the wrap up at Anthrocon.

2 Likes

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.