Animation of Earth's movement through space

Originally published at: Animation of Earth's movement through space | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Wow that video had more point-of-view shifts than a Michael Bay movie. Dizzying

9 Likes

Wheeeeee!!

14 Likes

Shooting Star GIF

7 Likes

This did not call for vertical video, and it definitely did not call for a video without forward/back controls.

2 Likes

Why do I find YouTube shorts so annoying? I love this subject matter but the presentation disappoints.

1 Like

VVS, screw that…

I can’t think of any celestial mechanics that doesn’t benefit from widescreen resolution.

2 Likes

Its all for the algorithm. Shorts are just about always in vertical format, made to be consumed on a phone being held vertically. Shorts get more reach and can help with establishing a new channel.

Otherwise, yeah worst format for this application

For all who dislike the YouTube shorts format, James O’Donoghue has a YouTube channel showing off the animations he makes on comparisons between planets and the ways they move. He started showing off these animations as GIFs on Twitter; he has joined Mastodon recently. While none of those are done with the Milky Way as the frame of reference, there are some animations about barycenters.

2 Likes

Hurtling are we.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.