Ankle scarves are only trending online, not on the streets

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/21/ankle-scarves-are-only-trendin.html

5 Likes

f1ed382593b0f518499079fe6fac7aaa

6 Likes

Coming to a theater near you: ‘50 shades of Shame Walking’ The Day After

3 Likes

Hmmmm - so you can create a fake trend by posting about it being a thing, even though it really isn’t?

Hey BoingBoing, can I write a guest post about how dating a scrawny broken nerdy 40 something divorcee is the new hot social trend?

Asking for a friend.

23 Likes

Maybe we need wrist scarves…for people with tiny hands.

1 Like

Jesus. Christ. We’re doomed.

3 Likes

THIS is the thing that pushed you over the edge? Clearly you have not been paying attention.

6 Likes

Those are pretty cute. I’d wear them, if they came in a more masculine color. Like chocolate, or slate.

3 Likes

Spreading claims from satirical articles as fact has been a thing for some time, especially when the humor gets lost in translation.

9 Likes

I don’t think my, uh, friend, is being satirical…

7 Likes

“The end of the world” is usually framed as some kind of physical failure of life support. You know the world is ending because its impossible to survive the way people usually have.

But that scenario always seemed lazy to me. What if it was much weirder than that? What if-instead of literal zombies- regular people just found it more and more difficult to make sensible decisions about everyday things? To the point where avoidable deaths and sickness becomes commonplace?

2 Likes

People already wear ankle scarves. They’re called “socks”.

17 Likes

This whole thing buries the lede: ankle scarves are a shadow banishment device!

Came here to just say “SOCKS, people, SOCKS!”

I guess you beat me to it.

(Though perhaps ankle scarves are for people who prefer the feel of sweated leather against the soles of their feet.)

2 Likes

If there is such a thing as peak stupid we are probably near it.

3 Likes

I’d wear them if they smell like comfort chicken logs.

1 Like

pretty much since the beginning of print media, and probably even before that, even.

2 Likes

How come you kids are so GOD DAMNED stupid and just do the stupidest thing possible every SINGLE SECOND OF THE GOD DAMNED DAY!

1 Like

I’m confused. What “kids” are you talking about.

2 Likes

Those kids eating Apple Jacks. They don’t even taste like apples!

4 Likes