Anonymous warns Elon Musk

Originally published at: Anonymous warns Elon Musk | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Great. But maybe they should have done this with regards to the labor practices of his companies?

30 Likes

Also mentioned in the videos.

21 Likes

LOL at this. It’s like some crypto kid decided to make a youtube video cause they’re mad at Elon and they read a script based off of twitter comments.

9 Likes

Ah! Thanks! I had not had the chance to watch it yet… Glad to hear that. But this of course long predates the crypto-currency chicanery.

10 Likes

Indeed. Who’s to say it isn’t just exactly that - some kid making a video, instead of a big group of loosely organized hacktivists?

3 Likes

I mean, isn’t that kind of the point of Anonymous? Nobody speaks for them and so anyone can speak for them?

9 Likes

The fact that it’s already a loosely connected group of hacktivist doesn’t mean it can’t include “kids”… It’s decentralized and loosely connected for a reason and part of that reason is to get many others to participate.

Many of the people who have historically participated in various activist movements were often kids. Many of the people who are leaders in the civil rights movement, the anti-war movement, in BLM, in the environmental movement, in punk activism, etc, etc, were “kids”… Being a “kid” does not preclude anyone from being an activist and trying to improve the world.

24 Likes

I guess what I was getting at was less the age of the people involved, and more the singularity. It may not be Anonymous, but just one guy not really representing what is going on in the movement.

But I think part of the point is that it’s not a coherent movement with singular goals? :woman_shrugging: When has it ever been top-down or entirely coherent?

5 Likes

It never has, to my knowledge. So there’s no way of knowing if there is an agenda here for whoever made the video that literally has nothing to do with world improvement, or anything other than revenge for their favorite crypto flavor-of-the-month taking a hit.

3 Likes

When assholes collide. Cue the Moss eating popcorn gif.

4 Likes

Anonymous? oh yeah, i remember them. that’s a pretty good throwback – where have they been lately, anyway?

4 Likes

Where they’ve been all along. Everywhere, nowhere, everyone, no one.

The point of Anonymous is that you can literally sign your name to it and people don’t know if it’s a group or a singular or what. It’s not trackable really. It’s not verifyable. This could be one kid, or thousands of professionals working IT jobs across the world. No idea. And that’s kinda what anonymous has been doing lately. At some point in the whole Q-anon phase, the media stopped following Anonymous because the Q-anon stuff bled more…

1 Like

I’m guessing the video’s author is the eponymous “retail investor” who was (foolishly) counting on gambling crypto winnings gains to “improve their life” or whatever.

Definitely a crypto true believer who gushes about the benefits of crypto and insists there be a nuanced discussion about crypto’s power demands and other negatives.

4 Likes

This is one of those bashing where you cheer for the bashing!

1 Like

I’m cheering for everyone really.

Elon’s patently obvious crypto manipulation tweets are showing the folly of the whole thing, so I’m cheering him on to keep doing it.

This particular Anonymous cadre/circle/whatever for calling out Elon’s obvious manipulations, they can keep doing it.

The SEC investigating Elon and probably building a nice big securities fraud case against him, they can keep doing it.

13 Likes

Anonymous warns Elon Musk?

giphy-4

P.S. Where the f@ck were they when tRump the Wonder Clown was doing his thang with the Murica?

22 Likes

They did make anti-Trump threats early on, but I don’t think they really did any real damage. Because, really, when have they? Did some doxing, evidently.

6 Likes

“The average working person” has no idea what bitcoin is.

2 Likes