Ant-Man 3 drops 72% in its second week at the box office

Have many Marvel movies been released at this time of year? Isn’t it a typical “dumping ground” for films?

I’m thinking it’s probably only a matter of time before they fall back on the grand old comic tradition of Blowing Everything Up And Starting Over Again To Make More Money. Maybe they’d even have the nerve to send Feige walking. Then again, Feige seems to be the only one in the world capable of making a “cinematic universe” work at all. But perhaps they are already scrambling to conceal the skeletons in the closet that such powerful individuals seem to inevitably accrue.

2 Likes

There was a lot that fell short in “Ant-Man & the Wasp : Quantumania.” The biggest let-down for me was how unfunny it was. How do you make Paul Rudd unfunny? That’s quite a superpower.

4 Likes

I don’t know…I thought he was a lot funnier back when he was older

4 Likes

I can’t believe “Cocaine Bear” didn’t beat Ant-Man last weekend. I went to a 2:30 PM showing of the bear movie Saturday in Boston and the theater was packed. I actually had people I didn’t know in the seats on either side from me. :smiley: It felt kind of weird but nice.

1 Like

I just got back from “Quantumania.” My wife and I were two of four people at the 2:00 Tuesday matinee. I will go against the critics and the skeptics and say that it was fun and entertaining. I cannot say that about the last few Marvel movies (Love and Thunder, Multiverse of Madness, the godawful Celestials, and even Wakanda Forever didn’t do it for me, and I really wanted to like that one). I enjoyed the spectacle, and the way the various elements came together, and thought the Cassie Lang character was handled <chef’s kiss> just right. Jonathan Majors was nuanced and menacing as Kang. There was a real missed opportunity not having Michael Peña along for the quantum realm ride, freaking out William Jackson Harper’s character with his thoughts and maybe having a crush on rebel leader Jentorra. But overall, it was a fun ride. We’re all so inured to visual spectacle anymore, but there were some very creative designs in the quantum realm if one takes the time to appreciate them. And as a fan of Walt Simonson and John Buscema’s Avengers back in the '80s, seeing the mid-credits scene was sweet icing. I think as the franchise builds toward the next Big Event, this movie’s star will retrospectively rise.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.