Anti-masker hilariously digs his own hole after hearing about his own cognitive bias

Originally published at: Anti-masker hilariously digs his own hole after hearing about his own cognitive bias | Boing Boing

19 Likes

Wow, I think he might have reached understanding at the end…

45 Likes

Maskless broheim, if you’re talking about any infection with cold or flu-like symptoms how about you don’t bother with the extra step of making a shitty imitation green tea (the least you could do is make a yerba mate) and see if your symptoms go away after 10 days.

What you’re describing is your immune system doing its job.

35 Likes

His confidence level is very high. Dunning-Kruger has something to say about that.

27 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZkeyMeAfgk

14 Likes

Perfect demonstration of the epistemology of idiots.

18 Likes

I’m reminded of the old Beverly Hillbillies episode where Granny has this horrible tasting remedy for the common cold. Choke it down and in a week to ten days, your cold is gone …

42 Likes

Oregano oil???

Everyone knows there is a homeopathic cure called “forsythia” that you can only buy from a guy on youtube.

Dude probably shaves his head with Occam’s Razor.

9 Likes

He didn’t need to say it, you said it for him.

5 Likes

Slightly disappointed that the video ends right where it does. I mean, the answer is “yes!” … but then, what comes next?!

10 Likes

It needed an Eric Andre Show “we’ll be right back” stinger at the end.

13 Likes

There are scientists looking at it, no rigorous clinical trials as yet, and nothing about the results of oregano oil should give people the confidence to then not wear a mask in public. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7865633/#B120-molecules-26-00632 Thymol and carvacol (two of the active constituents of oregano) are listed on this chart. PubMed Central, Table 1: Molecules. 2021 Feb; 26(3): 632. Published online 2021 Jan 26. doi: 10.3390/molecules26030632

Going to the work referencing carvacol and thymol on covid, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7334662/ no way, no how, does it say that oregano oil is effective on treating or preventing covid and we won’t know one way or another if they have a role without a good deal of bench work and clinical trials.
If they won’t wear the mask, try staples.

5 Likes

Proving ones own stupidity is priceless and apparently pretty easy.

15 Likes

I literally fell out of my chair laughing hysterically at the last line, oh my fucking god, talk about self aware wolves. Jesus fucking Christ, these people. Wow.

6 Likes

Forsythia is out now, it’s attractive and tasty. Or we’ll at least consider it so until bamboo shoots are ready to harvest and strawberry season shows up. Forsythia - Eat The Weeds and other things, too

3 Likes

“Like what are you going to come out with next? Occam’s Razor? The simplest explanation is that I’m an idiot.”

Yes. You are an idiot.

11 Likes

oh he’s so close…

3 Likes

DK is an issue with meta-cognition. It isn’t necessarily “the dumbest person in the room thinks that they are the smartest.” There is a good interview with David Dunning here where he discusses it (and other things). In the interview he speaks that when he plays golf he constantly thinks that his ball is closer to the fairway because he under estimates how poor a golfer he is. ‎Masters in Business: David Dunning on the Dunning-Kruger Effect on Apple Podcasts

9 Likes

Even a blind squirrel gets an occasional nut.

3 Likes

Where did you think they got the idea that oregano oil is good for COVID? From these sorta-studies!

2 Likes