Anti-Susan Collins site raises $2 million and crashes during her Kavanaugh 'yes' speech

FTFY. Moderate Republicans exist. The problem with them is that they think they can be moderates while still belonging to a party that has gone all in on extreme racism, sexism, xenophobia, kleptocracy, and assholedom. Which makes them flaming hypocrites.

13 Likes

i know two like that. one is still lying to himself while the other one has said she’s no longer a republican and is going to have to pick her way around libertarian, green, and conservative democratic candidates.

6 Likes

I kind of expected this, but it was still a lot more upsetting than I thought it would be. I can’t even stand listening to the news about it.
That the Republicans might be energized by this, and potentially end up controlling House and Senate after the midterms - that would pretty much be the end of things.

7 Likes

FTFY. Moderate Republicans exist

haha

2 Likes

Seriously. And even if Collins had sprung a conscience, it looks like Manchin would have tied it up by voting yes.

But props to Murkowski.

4 Likes

props to Murkowski

3 Likes

I hope that Collins has daughters, grand daughters and great great grand daughters who piss on her grave.

What a worthless POS stain on humanity.

10 Likes

When Roe V Wade disappears and Mueller investigation goes poof and trump does away with term limits, get back to me about that.

4 Likes

Let’s transition from fuming to the next move.

Let’s John Wick the whole lot of them.

1 Like

I’m so down! JW 2 was ok

1 Like

How would you do it?

If only things did end. But they don’t. I mean, US civic society has been in a pretty bad car crash, and it hasn’t even been freed from the wreckage yet, let alone processed the fact that it might never walk again. But life doesn’t stop; as long as the middle part of North America is still populated, those people will need to organise a society. No matter how painful they choose to make that process, they’ll still have to do it, today and tomorrow and every day after that.

10 Likes

All I heard was a bunch of swiping to the next story.

1 Like

Politics isn’t a ‘do it and done’ game - we have a choice now - one of them is better than the other. Start with stopping the pain first then work towards change (hint: that’s what politicians do!) - you can start at the local level - as the Pot bus has shown the country - local changes can take over national policy.

9 Likes

Collins called for Al Franken to step down with less far less troubling allegations. She’s a total hypocrite. Too bad you cannot impeach a senator.
https://www.politicususa.com/2018/09/16/susan-collins-al-franken-brett-kavanaugh.html

25 Likes

It’s not a do it and done game but radical change can happen. As much as I detest their politics, I admire the influence that the tea partiers had on the GOP… They basically took over that party.

I’m not sure there’s much to salvage of the Democratic party. It feels incompetent from the bottom to the top.

All that money is going to be dumped into the campaign of Collins’ opponent and I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up helping Collins and strengthens her position.

1 Like

Instead of knashing your teeth, send her a message - don’t cuss her out, you have lots of good reasons why she should not vote for Kavanaugh. Let her know yourself:
https://www.collins.senate.gov/contact

Any while your at it, message Manchin and Flake too:

https://www.flake.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contact-jeff

4 Likes

Thanks. What did you say in your messages?

2 Likes

I was calling their attention to the follow up article in the New Yorker by Mayer & Farrow which repeats the testimony by Kavanaugh classmates that were not interviewed by the FBI. Went like this:

Please read this testimony of Kavanaugh’s classmates who were not interviewed by the FBI: https://www.newyorker.com/…/will-the-fbi-ignore…

It is clear from these statements that Kavanaugh lied under oath about his experiences in High School and College in order to avoid any suggestion that his behavior corroborated the stories of his accusers.

You can not vote for somebody that has lied under oath to the Senate. If this causes even a shade of doubt you can not vote to confirm Kavanaugh.

10 Likes