Anti-Trans legislator is schooled on his ignorance and cruelty

headline was wrong. asshole wasn’t “schooled” on anything because asshole didn’t learn anything from the tear down.

5 Likes

I’ll second that statement. I’m slightly limited by what’s available through the VA, at least so long as I want to continue with the mostly good care I’ve received for almost 30 years now, but I’m starting the process of finding a new doctor. The care my current doc has provided has been mostly good, but the farther my transition goes, the more friction I’m feeling with her. (She’s not criticizing the transition itself in any way, but I can seriously do without the attitude.)

4 Likes

We have a horrible problem here with my trans kids aging out of the pediatric practice and having literally nowhere to seek adult care that is trans accepting, let alone supporting. UVA opening a primary care clinic with a certified nurse midwife who has specialized in trans care, and instantly had no room for new patients. I have wound up keeping “kids” into their mid-20’s just because there is no place to send them. It is a real problem.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.