Anti-video-game California politician indicted for gun-running

[Permalink]

This guy might deserve a GTA mod even more than Jack Thompson does… (and that’s saying something). Thompson was a blowhard asshole; but as far as I know nobody ever caught him up to his eyeballs in much of anything, much less Big Kid Crime, probably the kind with actual bodies on the slab…

Also one of California’s most vocal anti-gun politicians.

Because when you decide that laws only apply to “the little people” you might as well go all-in.

13 Likes

"When Bad Things Happen to Bad People"

1 Like

I’m sure it never would have happened if it were not for his secret addiction to video games. See, this is exactly what he was trying to protect the rest of the public from!

5 Likes

Holy massive projection.

2 Likes

Has anyone found details on the gun running thing? Thus far all I’ve found is that he basically “knew a guy” and set up a meeting for money.

From Wikipedia:

Gun control
Yee has been a vocal advocate for gun control. In 2006, Yee was named to the Gun Violence Prevention Honor Roll by the Brady Campaign for his efforts that included co-authoring a first-in-the-nation bill to require new semiautomatic handguns be equipped with ballistics identification technology known as micro-stamping. In May 2012, together with Senator Kevin de León, Senator Yee proposed legislation to ban any semi-auto rifle that had a “conversion kit” that makes the rifle a “fixed magazine rifle.” SB 249 would ban conversion kits and rifles. According to his press release, “Absent this bill, California’s assault weapon ban is significantly weakened. For the safety of the general public, we must close this loophole.” Senator Yee is quoted as saying, "It is extremely important that individuals in the state of California do not own assault weapons. I mean that is just so crystal clear, there is no debate, no discussion.

I guess if you can ban legal sales of certain kinds of guns it helps out your illegal gun business.

5 Likes

He’s also been stopped by police (though not charged) on suspicion of soliciting prostitutes. So basically he’s got the whole “Grand Theft Auto” thing wrapped up now.

7 Likes

So I suppose this is the Democrat equivalent of anti-gay Republicans who are secretly desperate for cock?

5 Likes

Sure, why not. But if you’re keeping score the Dems still have a lot of catching up to do…

2 Likes

This stuff is gold. Yee on why he was dragging his heels on some legislation:

Just give me the goddamn money, man, shit… You should just tell them, write some fucking checks, man.

Obviously this guy has been playing too much GTA.

More like desperate for Glock, amirite?

4 Likes

And Yee’saa croney/go between guy/bagman Mr. Jackson was selling him guns along the way as he came up with them, per the idictment. May not be Yee directy, but all of this was greasing his wheels. I didn’t read the whole indictment but since they did not actually name the arms traficker I will assume there was not enough evidence to charge and it was all heresay and conspiracy with no real gun running outside of Mr. Jackson’s sales.

Achievement Unlocked

2 Likes

Excerpts:

–Pg. 24: In connection with efforts to retire the mayoral campaign debt, Senator Yee and Keith Jackson agreed that Senator Yee would make a telephone call to a manager with the California Department of Public Health in support of a contract under consideration with (the undercover agent’s) purported client, and would provide an official letter of support for the client, in exchange for a $10,000 campaign donation. Senator Yee made the call on Oct. 18, 2012 and provided the letter on or about Jan. 13, 2013.

–Pg. 94-95: Yee said, “People want to get whatever they want to get. Do I care? No, I don’t care. People need certain things.”

Yee told the undercover agent that he believed the more people involved in the weapons deal, the greater the chances he would be implicated.

The agent told Yee he had just as much to lose if he was caught. The agent told Yee he had a great life and would not do anything to jeopardize his lifestyle.

Yee said he was unhappy with his life and said, “There’s a part of me that wants to be like you. You know how I’m going to be like you? Just be a free agent there.”

Yee told the agent that he wanted to hide out in the Philippines. Jackson reiterated the importance of having the agent meet with the arms dealer. Yee said he would arrange for the agent to meet with the arms dealer.

–Pg. 97: At a restaurant Yee told the undercover agent that he appreciated his support and said, “I can be of help to you for eight years. I think eight years is a lot better than 10 months.” Yee said that if he lost in his bid for secretary of state he wanted to move into the private sector and exploit all of the relationships he had in Asia for various kinds of activities.

–Pg. 98-99: (The undercover agent) asked about the availability of shoulder fired missiles or rockets. Senator Yee responded “I told him about rocket launchers and things like that.” Senator Yee asked (the agent) to provide an inventory list of desired weapons and he would see what they can do.

–Pg. 101: On March 11, 2014 the agent met with Yee, Jackson and Lim (the alleged weapons trafficker) at a restaurant and Yee said no weapons deal could take place until after the secretary of state election in November. Yee and Lim also encouraged the agent to deal in smaller amounts of weapons to avoid unwanted attention in the Philippines.

Yee also said he wouldn’t go to the Philippines until November. Yee said, “Once things start to move, it’s going to attract attention. We just got to be extra-extra careful.”

On March 14, 2014, the agent met again with Yee, Jackson and an associate at a restaurant. Yee and Jackson discussed how they would break up the large sum of cash provided by the agent into legitimate campaign donations.

via:

The bust of one of his document stashes in our sleepy neighborhood made for an interesting on-the-way to school discussion. It actually wasn’t all that different than the docu bust where we lived in Barcelona last year. “Dad, it’s those trucks and guys again!”

2 Likes

Honestly, I’d be surprised if there are many Chinese politicians in SF that aren’t on Tong/Triad payrolls…

His co-bustee “Shrimp Boy” is apparently a known HK Triad member.

1 Like

Admit it CaseyD, it’s no co-incidence that you lived in both locations. You are the criminal mastermind behind all of this, aren’t you? Pretty sneaky Mr D.

1 Like