Antifa vs Anti-Fascist Nitpicking

Yet when you look at more modern anti-fascist groups (most of the ones from the last 70 years) they aren’t all communist (In the wider sense). However, when you look at anti-communist groups you will have a hard time finding one that isn’t dominated by fascists. Genuine moderates prefer to call themselves anti-extremist.

I will save the debate about where anarcho-communists and libertarian Marxists fit into this and how Communism has become all about Marxism Leninism for later, but the black flag on the Antifa logo represents anarchism and we don’t have a good relationship with M-Ls unless there is a bigger threat.

The last time I tried to debate with a fascist, back when I was young and naive, I got punched by them for it. They think I am a degenerate* so why shouldn’t I defend myself against them by associating with like minded people?

* transgender, recent ancestors were GRT, anarchist, disabled and on welfare.

I always assumed it was right wing newspeak, trying to deprive us the language to describe ourselves.

That is pretty close to how I have always pronounced it, but I remember when British Antifa groups started forming out of the remains of AFA. I’ve been in this fight for so long I have almost nothing left to give, but I have to keep fighting because my life depends on it.

British TERs became anti-Antifa a few years back, which is probably why they tend to have connections with far right groups.

15 Likes