Internal files reveal how US law enforcement classes anti-fascists as fascists, and actual fascists as "anti-anti-fascists"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/01/antiantifa-not-a-thing.html

5 Likes

it’s almost as if US Police and policing organizations are the agents and enforcers of an unjust system.

fuck the police.

49 Likes

It’s an old American tradition for law-and-order conservatives to twist themselves into knots this way.

“Sure, the fascists murdered millions of people, but you didn’t give them the benefit of the doubt like we did back when they were just talking about murdering millions of people. It’s not like some of them weren’t very fine individuals.”

39 Likes

You have two choices, :rofl: or :cry:

6 Likes

I wish I was surprised. I feel like the only realistic response to this is: “Oh yeah, of course that’s how they would frame it.” Given all the white supremacists, racists and other reactionaries in law enforcement, of course they were going to bend reality to the point of turning it upside down.

31 Likes

That’s just because we won’t have a pain-compliance emoji for at least a couple more Unicode revisions, right?

2 Likes

Is this april fools? because it seems too plausible…

10 Likes

Um, so Hitler and Musso were just anti-anti fascists, fighting back against the depredations of those out of control thugs FDR & Churchill? (Which was, in fact, exactly what Hitler claimed…)

21 Likes

Is there an anti-anti-anti-fascist movement I can join somewhere? Or really any movement that just has an odd number of “anti”s in front of “fascism”?

25 Likes

5 Likes

And once again, “Nazis are bad” proves to be too challenging a concept for many people to wrap their tiny little brains around.

31 Likes

:crazy_face::unamused::roll_eyes::grimacing::face_with_head_bandage::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::exploding_head::confused::anguished::fearful::scream::confounded::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

10 Likes

It’s very difficult – for anyone – to recognise that the team you’re loyal to might be the bad guys. But it’s especially hard for authoritarians because, by definition, they never ask.

Even on the left, people put loyalty before personal judgment, because that’s how human beings roll. But at least with progressive groups, it’s usually judgment that leads folx to join in the first place. Fundamentalist religion, racism, authority-worship and extreme wealth tend to be cults you grow up into.

16 Likes

Internal files reveal how US law enforcement classes anti-fascists as fascists, and actual fascists as “anti-anti-fascists”

tumblr_pnpa491HgG1ujinhho1_540

39 Likes

Er… ROCIC?

50 Likes

Germany, 1932

If only people had paid attention then. It’s not too late this time. Not yet.

25 Likes

28 Likes

Thread:

Especially:

25 Likes

With all due respect to Rage Against the Machine, it isn’t “some of those who work forces are the same that burn crosses”, it is “most of those who work forces”.

3 Likes