How Google Search Trends for "white supremacists" and "Antifa" have changed in the last 4 years

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/30/how-google-search-trends-for-white-supremacists-and-antifa-have-changed-in-the-last-4-years.html

2 Likes

Up until recently it’s been rare to see conservative dull-wittedness on a mass scale quantified this way.

7 Likes

Sing it with me now…

(I never noticed before that Gotham City’s very own Penguin is standing behind T****'s right shoulder)

3 Likes

penguin

7 Likes

Captain America was antifa.

8 Likes

Antifa at Omaha Beach

6 Likes

“Antifa” is like “the deep state”, “the war on Christmas” or “voter fraud”-- it’s an invented bogeyman conservatives need to justify all their anger and hatred.

I mean. . . if it just turned out everyone to the left of center in the USA was basically a decent hard-working person who celebrated religious holidays, had backyard cookouts and felt sick inside at the thought of pedophilia, then conservatives would be a bunch of raving lunatics. But if left are all angry hateful monsters then conservatives are justified in being angry hateful monsters.

5 Likes

That’s a good point to throw to their face: ALL their grandparents were antifa, either by fighting directly or by working hard to support those who did.
Nearly a century taught nothing to these fuckers as they found nothing better to do than morphing into the very enemy their grandparents sacrificed their lives against.

1 Like

American Antifa in Spain, 1937

2 Likes

Antifa existed before American reactionaries realised they did, but not in the mythological form that they created.

I have an antifa t-shirt that I got in 2013.

3 Likes

You can narrow in on Proud Boys based on the google search : how to be “master of one’s domain” and “how to take out sexual frustration in a fraternity”

tumblr_2a6c8e973a3aa6881b5bcc18a4a6aa8f_0634acd8_540

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.