Antipolygraph.org publishes secret guidelines for the federal "Test for Espionage and Sabotage," a psuedoscientific feature of government life

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/08/ducking-stools-r-us.html

1 Like

I’m sure your fake news will soon be debunked by

3 Likes
  • Government Accountability Office
    441 G St., NW
    Washington, DC 20548

• (202) 512-3000 (Locator)

• contact@gao.gov

2 Likes

Did they ever test to see how many false positives the polygraph got?

3 Likes

It always amuses me to see that the “fact checking” service from the propaganda arm of the American state named itself after a totally unreliable method of finding who is lying. It’s almost as if there’s someone working for them who has a basic level of self awareness.

7 Likes

sounds like someone needs a polygraphin’

3 Likes

I looked at the their site and honestly couldn’t make sense of any of the articles when I followed the ‘read more’ links. Plus most of the ‘facts’ looked like unsourced statements.

It felt like “PEOPLE ARE SAYING…” followed by some statement that at most looked vaguely familiar. Who is saying this? Dunno.

Almost like it was designed so people could Google a “fact” then see it was judged false and roll on back to their Fox news or QAnon forum reassured in their personal world view.

I’ll be honest though, I spent about 10 minutes from when I saw the first link to where I am in this post. It could be Pulitzer Prize winning journalism.

2 Likes

3 Likes

They’re clearly “checking” in the ice hockey sense of the word

1 Like

I assume that there’s a good comic book reason that she can’t use her lasso.

1 Like

The lasso is optimized for yes/no questions.
(I don’t know if this is the actual reason!)

1 Like

Huh. And we’re back to lie detectors.

2 Likes

According to Lepore’s book there was some tension between Marston, inventor of the lie detector, and Leanard Keeler, inventor of the polygraph. Perhaps this issue of Wonder Woman was connected to that.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.