Antivaxers get angry at rally in Hollywood

I’d argue that the people who see themselves as anti-vaxxers should be lumped together, as they’ve taken a public health measure and politicized it for their own gain.

Vaccine hesitancy is one thing, people who are ANTI - vaccine is another. Those are the ones who will not be convinced by facts and science, because they are all too often twisting it for their own gain. The vaccine hesitant are not the real problem here, as they can likely be convinced by the right people. But those who have made this a core part of their identity are the actual problem here.

I wasn’t saying you were. I was saying that this is the most effective way to get people vaccinated. We really need to look at this thing in the face and understand that there are millions of people who have decided that they are just going to go against the grain, because they childishly see it as taking a principled stance… or they are benefiting from doing so. The sooner we come to terms with the fact that there are a not insignificant number of people out there who can not be convinced by what we know is true, then the sooner we can get to a place where we’re dealing with the real problem here.

2 Likes

Ah, but here in the USA, we’ll not learn from overseas…

1 Like

To the virus it doesn’t matter.

Anyone who still hasn’t been vaccinated at this point in the USA, and who doesn’t have a valid health exemption is “anti-vax” from my point of view, whether they are proudly and vocally anti-vax, or just misinformed and hesitant.

No. The people you are describing would not get vaccinated even if Herr Trump were telling them to get vaccinated. They may need someone to tell them what to do for the benefit of public health, but they don’t want anyone telling them what to do, whether it’s the federal government, their local government, or their doctor.

So, it’s okay for YOU to lump them altogether, but not me. Okay.

2 Likes

Let’s not fight. Ultimately we both want the same thing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.