Any parent can relate to this mama bear trying to wrangle all 4 of her cubs across the street

Originally published at: Any parent can relate to this mama bear trying to wrangle all 4 of her cubs across the street | Boing Boing

11 Likes

This video feels like the last 15 years of my life.

15 Likes

Almighty Zarquon do those cubs push my “cute” button. And it would be such a bad idea to step out there and attempt to help her get them herded across.

17 Likes

Those are some patient drivers.

6 Likes

The impatient drivers would have been cited by the Winchester (CT) Police Department (visible in the last 6 seconds of the video.)

Alternate article/video.

13 Likes

Single parenting is haaaaard. Respect.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Bear Cub Slapstick. My father worked for the U.S. Forest Service in the Sequoia National Park during summer break in college, and they gave him a horse, a mule, and gear and sent him out to help surveying and tree counting. (He rode the mule and packed the horse) One day he was passing through a stand of trees towards a meadow and heard a loud slapping noise ahead. Shortly he came towards the edge of the forest but hung back in the shadows - the loud noise was a mamma bear whacking the heck out a tree stump to shake grubs out for her two cubs to eat. My father waited patiently, then the wind changed, and mamma bear stopped and raised her nose. She could smell my father and the mule, but bears’ eyesight isn’t the greatest, so she couldn’t distinguish them in the deep shade.She made a loud grunt and one of the cubs ran off immediately to a nearby treee and climbed right up. The other cub was standing there looking around. Mamma bear grunted again and whacked the cub with an open paw and sent it rolling in a little ball towards the tree, and it kept right on running after it came out of the little ball and climbed fast up that tree. Mamma bear waited a while and then gave another grunt, so the cubs climbed down and they all left the meadow. My father waited a while before he entered the meadow, just in case.

16 Likes

Remembering the days when mom used to take three boys back-to-school shopping at the same time…

Come Back Here Season 1 GIF by ABC Network

9 Likes

Some days, you just have to grin and bear it…

4 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho3IFJiBzrY

3 Likes
6 Likes

Using the bear necessities to create your joke you will have to bear the responsibility if no one can bear to grin let alone bear their teeth in laughter :grinning:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.