Watch: Mama bear tries to get uncooperative baby over a fence in silly video

Originally published at: Watch: Mama bear tries to get uncooperative baby over a fence in silly video | Boing Boing

3 Likes

cats when pinched about the scruff typically go limp. (it’s a trick taught to me by a veterinarian when doing something that would otherwise earn one a bite (and yes i gather it’s considered (by Martha Stewart!) a dubious thing to do. so it’s done only gently and at need)) As such… wonder if this applies to family Ursidae as well…? That is, perhaps it’s involuntary for baby booboo to be of no help…?

7 Likes

Never maybe lift a baby bear by the head? :confused:

3 Likes

I don’t know much about how to lift a bear. However, I do know that, next time I need work done on my fence, I wanna hire whoever built the one in the video. That thing is SOLID.

10 Likes

Next time, PUT DOWN THE PHONE and give the kid a boost. The tired mama will appreciate it.

—GoodAdvice™ from JustGoodSense®

2 Likes

Yeah, um, that’s a brown bear…

2 Likes

Hell, I wouldn’t even intervene with a black bear. That’s just asking to get injured… Bad sense, if you ask me.

4 Likes

Awww, poor mama bear, trying so hard to get her baby over the fence and to an allegedly safer space. :pensive:
I get that it’s a cool sighting, but I don’t find it silly, and hope the videographers drove on and didn’t hang around to add more stress.

4 Likes

Brown in color, black in species. The latter is commonplace in Monrovia but the former has been extinct in California for almost a century.

Even so, best to let mama be.

7 Likes

No, it’d be fine. Honest. Help a sister out! :+1:t2::bear::crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

A mauling isn’t a joke dude. Don’t fuck around with nature.

5 Likes

I stand, or rather sit (I’m seated) corrected.

1 Like

Right?!?
Nor is disturbing an animal to the point that it might abandon its young. This happens. Less likely with bears, maybe, but always a concern.
In this scenario, the only intervention that might possibly make any sense would be to lean a post along the fence a few feet away so the cub could more easily climb over.

3 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.