Watch woman shove a bear off her fence to protect her dogs

Originally published at: Watch woman shove a bear off her fence to protect her dogs | Boing Boing

4 Likes

the bear was back up on the fence before she even turned around to run

8 Likes

That was the brownest black bear I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

Thanks for making it the neighbors’ problem. Just get the dogs inside.

4 Likes

Definitely don’t try this on brown bears.

3 Likes

If one of those 2 bear cubs at the beginning had fallen off the wall down amongst the dogs, this video would not have had a happy ending…

4 Likes

I assume whoever came up with the name for the species wasn’t familiar with how much color variation they have. Some black bears are almost white.

10 Likes

She’s a 17-yo teenager.

6 Likes

I love the bear, and I love the dogs, life is full of dichotomies.

12 Likes

Why didn’t she just ask to see the bear’s manager?

5 Likes

They are good climbers. Like, if you climb a tree thinking you would be safe, you aren’t.

Fortunately, black bears aren’t generally as dangerous as grizzlies, but they can eat/kill a dog if they are hungry.enough/so inclined.

4 Likes

i’m more stunned that she then TURNED HER BACK on the bear! keeping it in sight and backing away as fast as possible would be my tactic.

2 Likes

I love the fact that the smallest dog was the last to leave the battlefield. The lady had to pick it up and run.

#littledogswhothinkthey’rebigdogs

2 Likes

Climb they can…

9 Likes

“Pardon me, do you have any grey poupon?”

11 Likes

“I do NOW.”

12 Likes

This is about 2 miles or so from my house. We do see bears in the neighborhood here on a regular basis and they tend to leave dogs alone, but if cubs are in the mix then that’s a whole other thing. Glad no people or critters got seriously hurt.

5 Likes

NBIMBY

2 Likes

Cinnamon bear, perhaps?

1 Like

I think she was jumping the fence to find her cubs. Went the other way