Video: Florida couple screams as bear chases them and their dog up to their house

Originally published at: Video: Florida couple screams as bear chases them and their dog up to their house | Boing Boing

5 Likes

The Bear understood the assignment.

17 Likes

I don’t know that a low-budget horror film could afford a trained dog, let alone a trained bear.

In other news, yikes! That was pretty scary. I like that the dog stops off to see if the bear is pursuing.

13 Likes

Here in BC, Canada we like to take things easy Two black bears caught wrestling on backyard trampoline in Coquitlam, B.C. | CBC News

9 Likes

I live in a part of the country where you can’t entirely dismiss the risk of a bear. I don’t live in Florida. I have to say, that risk would not have been on my mind there. I didn’t even know bears lived in Florida. I wonder if it was wild or escaped from captivity.

8 Likes

Is there any other type of horror film? I was about to pull out a bowl of spicy popcorn til i realized it wasn’t a film.

1 Like

Little doggo also knew his assignment… in this case a perfunctory token “yip” for the record.

7 Likes

Sign me up! entropy is not always negative.

2 Likes

That dog was lucky! I could imagine some folks closing the door and breathing a huge sigh of relief before someone asks, “Hey, where’s Fluffy?”

dog rings GIF

16 Likes

Don’t run from bears. If you see a bear, even if it’s charging you, stand in place and make a lot of noise. And then back away slowly. Running = prey.

8 Likes

Never let your guard down!! Bears are insidious!

The bear was merely exercising their 2nd amendment rights, just as the framers intended.

11 Likes

13 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe it had retired to the area?

12 Likes

For a black bear (likely the only kind on the east coast), you are exactly right. Don’t run!
However, don’t try that tactic on a brown bear, grizzly bear, or polar bear.

The best survival tactic with bears encounters, here’s the rhyme:
If it’s black, fight back
If it’s brown, lie down
If it’s white, good night

11 Likes

I watched that gif for awhile last night. Thanks, it was calming to imagine a long parade of dogs entering that house.

7 Likes

In the moment, I’d like to think that I wouldn’t panic. If I’m not able to distinguish coat color, my only hope is they don’t want food marinated in pee and :poop:!
:bear: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
If the bear is looking for a chew toy, game over. :woman_shrugging:t4:

11 Likes

I thought that was pigs.

Good afternoon! Have you heard the good news about Bear Jesus?

12 Likes

Not to be confused with this song:

3 Likes