Any way to download an archive of pre BBS comments?

I wouldn’t mind archiving all my old comments. Anyone know of a way to do this?

1 Like

@beschizza

2 Likes

I think this might be it: Go to your users page, click Activity, and you can “download my posts” there.

\ https://bbs.boingboing.net/users/teapot/activity

2 Likes

That is true, but he said “pre-BBS” comments. So Disqus, effectively? Can’t you download your Disqus comments from Disqus?

1 Like

Oh, right. We managed to ingest most disqus comments into our blog archives, so they are there. But it’s basically a mountain of sql in wordpress right now

2 Likes

teapot, we have 3,353 comments of yours in our pre-discourse archives. I don’t know how to make them portable but will look into it.

4 Likes

@beschizza Thankyou sir, much appreciated. The thought of mow many sql entries must be in the BB Wordpress db is the stuff of nightmares.

3 Likes

Weren’t @Ignatius and @japhroaig saying that something like this was fun the other day?

Set them on it, @beschizza

3 Likes

Sort of. :laughing: :sweat:

4 Likes

How many is the stuff of nightmares?

I freaked out a friend when I had a half a billion records on a MySQL db with 8gb of ram that would respond to most (not all) joins in milliseconds. Then right after that another friend asked me to do a multi to multi to multi join, my slight ego boost was lost.

I may have quietly muttered “hadoop” and walked away.

1 Like

Sure if the indexes fit in RAM ain’t no thing. When your indexes no longer fit in RAM … you are in for a world of hurt.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 151 days. New replies are no longer allowed.