Anything can be an instrument: "Music for one apartment and Six Drummers" (2001)

Originally published at: Anything can be an instrument: "Music for one apartment and Six Drummers" (2001) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Ground floor is advantageous, because it prevents a downstairs neighbor from trying to horn in with a broomstick to the ceiling.

1 Like
2 Likes

“Sound of Noise” is a feature-length film, which as you’d expect is a fairly uninteresting wrapper around a succession of musical set-pieces. The one in a hospital is pretty good.

2 Likes

I could see this as an ongoing reality series, send various bands to celebrities’ houses to play them.

2 Likes

Vacuuming the figurines was hilarious, but the egg slicer was a little too fake, and that was the point where I stopped believing.

2 Likes

Sound of Noise is a very quirky film and the above mentioned “Doctor, Doctor” piece was very funny. What made it especially rich is that the “victim” was an exceedingly pompous media celebrity. He deserved getting played like a drum.

Years ago I read a book by the producer Al Kooper and seem to recall a story he told about working in the studio and taking a small peanut mic and inserting it up someone’s ass and then playing their stomach like a bongo. I believe they called it the “sphincterphone”. Now I’m going to have to go look that up.

1 Like

Aww. I wondered about the figurines but I loved the egg slicer. Hey, it is wonderful thing, however it was done, and it therefore belongs in BoingBoing. It must have taken a lot of practice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.