AOC asks the FBI why they give white supremacists a pass

Thank you , that makes it clearer.

2 Likes

The FBI has no problem using the terrorism label when the motivation is environmental https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/testimony/the-threat-of-eco-terrorism or from the left. https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/cleveland/press-releases/2012/five-men-arrested-in-plot-to-bomb-ohio-bridge

15 Likes

Wait, domestic terrorism can only be charged if it is foriegn? WTF kind of “opposite day” logic are we working with here? The demarcation is obviously “whiteness.” Only dark skinned folk can be terrorists, domestic or otherwise! (/s)

17 Likes

From Game of Thrones, the lady of Bear Island, Lyanna Moremont…Everyone’s favorite 8 year old bad ass leader…

lyanna-mormont-glare-horse

14 Likes

That is how he is lying. He was also lying when he said that Muslims are not repeatedly identified as terrorists. In what way was she supposed to “fix” that issue in the five minutes allotted to her?

14 Likes

We should charge people who engage in acts of terrorism on those charges. White supremacist groups, which often have globalized ties, engage in acts of terrorism in larger numbers than radicalized muslims and are far less likely to be charged for acts of terrorism.

35 Likes

There’s the ideal that america is a melting pot then there’s the seedy underbelly/truth ingrained into structures that this is a “white nation” that puts white people first and terrorists can only be “others”. Cognitive dissonance happens when the truth is revealed and it conflicts with the ideal.

7 Likes

He can say that all he wants but is there any regulation someone can point to and say “this is why”? If so, we have identified the problem and it can be corrected. If not, he’s making things up.

7 Likes

Yes! THIS TIMES 100000000000000000

As far as I can tell, most Muslim extremism is caused by the U.S. bombing churches, weddings, and schools while gunning down reporters, bystanders, and the innocent. A fair bit is also caused by our supporting Israel who decided to systematically kill Muslims through starvation and land theft (though they do a lot of direct murder as well)

8 Likes

Dammit! that’s a good story ruined by silly production. The dramatic background music and timing edits just wreck it for me. It has the same tenor as a conspiracy shilling video. If you, dear reader, make videos like this, cut it out!

5 Likes

I would recommend finding the entire exchange , not a edited video that trims out important details. That is my issue with the video. It edits out his response at the end. I can’t stand when shit like this gets posted. It is lazy. Also, she can end it with a question like, “what type of statue does the justice department need to enable prosecution of White Supremacists terrorist acts under domestic terrorism?”

Also, she is the chairing that committee so she has lots of time to talk to him.

4 Likes

Correction, she gave herself 5 minutes, but the video I saw goes to 7 minutes

Such as? As I stated, she presented facts, and he lied. Does he somehow not lie?

Sorry, no – Rep. Jamie Raskin is the chair of that subcommittee.

11 Likes

I can’t say why @nungesser thinks he’s lying, but my reason is https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2331 specifically section 5. The law doesn’t require ignoring the fact that these are terrorist organizations, politics does.

11 Likes

Then perhaps it would be wise to counter it by actively posting better, verifiable sources then rather than just suggesting others find the clips that you yourself would like to see.

21 Likes

Well, now it’s apparent what television show I don’t follow.

11 Likes

How many white terrorists invoke Anders Behring Breivik? That’s foreign influence right there. And Steve Bannon is international. And they often talk about the Nazis, Adolph and the 3rd Reich. All foreign influences.

13 Likes

Sadly user @suggar will no longer participate in this thread. Please continue the conversation about the topic!

In the future please post links to additional content you’d like others to consider. Not doing so is “lazy.”

15 Likes

ETA @DukeTrout and @Mindysan33 have pointed out this video is a GoT spoiler. Linked the video. Mea culpa!

The Lady Mormont is a bad ass. (video)

9 Likes