Aphex Twin's Stone in Focus (the field recorded version) is a song for inner peace

Originally published at: Aphex Twin's Stone in Focus (the field recorded version) is a song for inner peace | Boing Boing

4 Likes

2 Likes

Aphex Twins is genius… love so much of his production. Flew halfway around the world to hear him live and was not disappointed.

Aphex Twin is one of those guys who I really like a handful of the stuff I have heard, but a lot of it is meh. The Ambient type stuff not really my bag.

Stone In Focus = #19. You can also find it on this compilation.

but seriously, it’s not a picture of stone, in or out of focus. it’s definitely a picture of wall-to-wall carpet.

(all but one of the tracks on Selectec Ambient Works volume II are titled with photographs. a fan called Greg made a list of what he thought the pictures depicted, and people still think these are valid titles.)

1 Like

Who are you going to trust? Greg or your lying eyes!

I find a lot of it ruined by the fart sound - an annoying buzzy thing he does a lot. “On” however, is still one of the greatest pieces of music ever

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.