Apparently, Facebook is a safe haven for people who call for the beheading of public officials

I will edit my post to make it more clear what I meant, because that has nothing to do with what you wrote.

In the US, the value of the current police to the public is negligible, the harm they do both to individuals and to society is significant.

There is many studies that demonstrate that the current system is beyond reform, so the only way towards a police that protects and serves the public, everything that is currently there must go, and an entirely new system with mostly new people needs to be built.

In my experience, meaningful change starts with not beating around the bush.

About the rest of your post, I have no clue what you even mean, because I can clearly discern between a call to action and a metaphor in each of the examples.

I don’t care much about hypothetical questions about killing Trump, because who cares about something that will definitely not happen?

3 Likes

tenor

A metaphor for what?

Bannon explicitly framed “heads on pikes” as different from and more severe than “firing,” for instance

It’s not at all clear what he meant, if not literal executions

4 Likes

Plot thickens:

3 Likes

There was a hearing yesterday where Zuckerberg and Dorsey were brought before the Senate to answer some questions. The Dems, particularly Blumenthal, hammered Zuckerberg on why Bannon was allowed to keep his account among other issues. The Republicans attacked Mark and Jack for their usual garbage. Of course, Silicon Valley techno-utopian Mike Masnick decided to make a long-winded thread covering the hearings. In the thread, he equates the Dems asking why Facebook lets highly prominent people spew death threats with the Republicans who demand that all manner of hate and lies be allowed on the platform. People like Mike make me fucking sick.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.