Steve Bannon calls for beheading Dr. Fauci and FBI Director Wray

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/05/steve-bannon-calls-for-beheading-dr-fauci-and-fbi-director-wray.html

7 Likes

Isn’t incitement to violence, aka criminal solicitation, a crime?

79 Likes

That’s a face and a name I could live without for the rest of my life.

49 Likes

Is this when the Proud Boys get called into action?

Is it me or are these guys sounding more like the Taliban every day?

57 Likes

Trump himself appointed Wray and could have fired Fauci any time he wanted to.

Nobody is forcing Trump to keep any of these people he rants about around. He’s done so because he is literally incapable of replacing them with anyone better.

43 Likes

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that’s probably a violation of his bail conditions…

54 Likes

Y’all Queda

30 Likes

Fuck sake, really? The incitement to violence always always comes from the far right and especially from tinpot dictatorships in the dying days of their rule. The whole edifice is about to come down on their unworthy heads…

38 Likes

Steve Bannon should cut his own head off. It’s the least useful part of his body.

36 Likes

They’ve been sounding like the taliban for the last 30-40 years.

The religious right has been full of xtian nationalists and escatological theocrats since at least ronnie raygun

41 Likes

I’m not sure this is directly true. https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/nov/02/can-donald-trump-fire-anthony-fauci/

11 Likes

To think that Mr Bannon goes home to a fancy brick townhouse on Capital Hill every day after spewing such garbage.

11 Likes

I did Nazi that coming

31 Likes

They’re not dying at all. The fact that this election has been ridiculously close despite what a colossal failure Turnip was indicates that far-right types are a sizeable part of the US citizenry. They’re not going away with Biden in office, and I’m not sure how (or if it’s possible) to turn or get rid of them.

EDIT: Honestly, I’d love to just give them Greenland to start their ideal ethnostate and fuck off. Huge spending bill to cover housing/moving costs of anyone who wants to go. Only issue I see is creating a second North Korea (equal in dysfunction and mindlessness).

EDIT 2: Right Korea.

EDIT 3: Sorry, Greenland, you don’t deserve that. Ship them off to the Atlantic Garbage Patch.

21 Likes

Just don’t give them the bomb. Problem solved.

3 Likes

Definitely, and I think they wouldn’t have the critical mass of competent nuclear scientists and engineers to get it.

5 Likes

I agree with you that Trumpism is here to stay, to the detriment of all of us, but one step at a time and this tinpot administration is on its last legs at least.

2 Likes

Beheadings have been the news recenttly, and Bannon is probably ideologically inclined to respond in kind. Given his paranoia, It’s not much of a sttretch to repurpose those revenge fantasies.

1 Like

FWIW, while this speech is repugnant and indefensible, it probably isn’t criminal. The test for incitement comes from a case called Brandenburg v. Ohio,and it requires both (1) imminence and (2) actual likelihood of illegal action.

Roughly speaking, if this idiot had said this to a crowd of angry MAGAs in the same room as Fauci, it’s probably going to be outside protected speech. As is, however, it probably doesn’t pass the test for the state to punish.

Even more roughly speaking, it’s the standard that protects the speech of folks who talk about their desires for certain aspects of the French Revolution to be visited upon Trump’s circle.

I don’t want any misunderstanding though—this is an explanation of what the law is, not an argument about what the law should be. And it would be responsible of YouTube to ban him permanently.

12 Likes

I doubt his liver is good for much these days…

8 Likes