Apple fires misogynistic employee just hours after he was hired

I like how from the article this narcisista asshole fathered at least 3 children, 2 from at least the same partner, that are merely an afterthought, a nuisance in his life. Blink and you don’t even realize they exist.

20 Likes

I feel like if someone writes a book and then you want to hire them, you should read the book before you hire them.

13 Likes

Ah, yes, if only there were some way to avoid such a “trick.” To fornicate, and reduce the chances of inadvertently siring a child…FFS. What an arsehole.

21 Likes

Nope.

Dude can go fuck himself.

21 Likes

I have to conclude that the “British Trader” completely noped when contacted by the editor for permission to use her name.

4 Likes

That part I’ll grant as respecting her privacy by not naming and embarrassing her, but that’s only one point of tact versus several hundred points of edgelord techbro dickishness.

Edited due to premature mashing of the save button

4 Likes

AynCap libertarian tech-bro wet dreams of a Mad Max future, little realizing that they’d be peons for the tech-bro lords.

6 Likes

On the one hand he’s telling everybody everything they need to know about him right there.

On the other hand nobody gets paid enough to have to read that shit.

12 Likes

And at least five facts that help to identify her family.

8 Likes

Here’s the scoop: outsiders who know nothing about Silicon Valley think I’m terrible.

So, 99.9999% of the planet. I wonder what it’s like to have no self-awareness whatsoever.

I also read in his AMA that he’s lightly involved with his children at best, and justifies it by saying the women he’s fathered children with are independent and don’t need him. Oh yeah? what about your kids you total jackass.

13 Likes

Agreed; it’s rare that a hiring decision is made as easy as this.

Hundreds of pages of ‘don’t hire me, I’m trouble’, publicly and immediately available.

Also, his writing, to me at least, is TERRIBLE. Self-indulgent, tortured and flabby.

17 Likes

This man is garbage.

3 Likes

Well, with the state of things, maybe Apple can trade him for a box of shotgun shells or a jerry can of diesel…

14 Likes

This is the man that unironically writes that he divides his time between his sailboat and his yurt.

9 Likes

Thus a single point. One. Single. Point.

Protip: When writing a tell-all book, make sure you do it at a stage in your career where you don’t care about the bridges you’re burning.

I don’t know what he expected to happen, to be honest. Hope it was worth it - he almost certainly didn’t make much money on that book.

9 Likes

Punching wood is important. Minecraft taught me that.

2 Likes

His next book:

iFired

6 Likes

I imagine they’re lucky he’s not more involved in their lives really

9 Likes

Yeah, his whole “snookered into fatherhood” line had me thinking…fatherhood…

13 Likes