Apple fires misogynistic employee just hours after he was hired

Second cousin? That means they shared great grandparents. Those dudes were born in 1898 and 1906 respectively. Even the youngest one’s great-grandparents were born in, what, 1840? And they were hers, too? So, maybe three times removed, but he didn’t think his BS through.

3 Likes

Sounds like the last guy you’d want on your side in the apocalypse.

The crazy thing is that the letter didn’t even call for his firing (though it was incredibly well written and supported, so made that outcome inevitable)

8 Likes

Seriously, though.

12 Likes

I saw a lot of that at the beginning of the pandemic… not so much as it went on, as it became clearer that the “survival skills” actually weren’t. (Though that should have always been clear, since it’s a deeply weird, toxic, macho fantasy that even the guys who are having the fantasy couldn’t live up to.)

10 Likes

2 Likes

Well, yeah, they can be peons of the Tech-Bro Lords if they really wanna, and it cheers them up to adhere to their weird hierarchy, but come the Mad-Max Apocalypse, they’ll all be trapped in the same slave-pens owned by the mechanics and the plumbers and (as pointed out most wisely above) the seamstresses/seamsters(?) if anyone has any damn sense and wants pants to wear.

7 Likes

If I’ve learned one thing during the pandemic, it’s that pants are optional.

2 Likes

Well that was shitty and misogynistic.

sloth no GIF

Also, he’s a shitty derivative writer trying to sound edgy. BOOOORING.

Maybe someone on the hiring team did and thought it was good? I can see a tech dude-bro thinking this lazy dreck is “deep” and “cool”.

12 Likes

I mean, all I’m saying is even in the best possible interpretation he’s unsuitable to be hired by any company in any serious position. Which is not the situation we’re in- he’s clearly a fuckhead. But there’s no walking back a memoir where what you memorialized is your own douchebaggery.

3 Likes

Interesting how it’s always a defense and never the start of introspection.

2 Likes

It’s also just wrong. When people show you who they are, believe them.

5 Likes

So yeah-- he’s an absolute asshole.

But can we also point out what a shitty writer he is, also? Did he write this when he was 16, and was it due in 3 days?

1 Like

Already done up thread.

3 Likes

I didn’t read your words, because the sloth’s gravitational pull was too strong.

8 Likes

Lol Dude can go fuck himself with a rusty ax sideways, with only rubbing alcohol for lube. @Melizmatic. That was creative and would also be effective!

8 Likes

Dunno if we really need to use sexual violence to criticize this jerk, though.

okayjlaw

10 Likes

As I’m sure the gentleman in question would say, it was only a joke.

@Melizmatic clearly didn’t intend her little jape literally. Inserting an axe sideways is impractical. It was just hyperbole for humorous effect.

9 Likes

well, women just need to be more polite to misogynistic men and not make violent jokes like that… clearly, that’s the root of all our troubles… If we were just a little nicer, men wouldn’t demean us, rape us, kill us, on a constant and unending basis. Maybe we should try to smile more… /s

11 Likes