Appliance that makes tortillas from Keurig-like pods

Oh, Kickstarter eh? I dunno, i think it needs to hipster-ize itself 100% more by using handcrafted wood and aluminum.

2 Likes

And don’t forget the organic quinoa flour in the pods.

3 Likes

Another excuse to air the brilliant “Kill the K-Cup” video:

5 Likes

Some people on the Internet claim it’s possible to make a tortilla without a Flatev.

Cute, Mark.

3 Likes

My local tortilleria (which was half a block from my house until it relocated recently – a minor tragedy in my life) sold tortillas hot off the press for $1 a pound. I’m not sure I can buy masa that cheap at the grocery store.

2 Likes

15 Likes

far too complicated. This is all we need

10 Likes

On the one hand, I can’t buy cinnamon-flavored tortillas at my local grocery store.

On the other hand, I don’t know why I’d want to.

7 Likes

Demonstrably untrue. It has exactly one use.

3 Likes

Does separating suckers from their money count as one?

9 Likes

The whole point of something like this is that you can’t tweak anything about it - you’re locked into DRMed pods and a system that does only what it’s programmed to, so even if a tortilla maker was anything like a crepe pan (which it isn’t - at all), you still couldn’t make crepes unless it was officially supported. Whereas, if you just had a couple pans in your kitchen, you could make whatever you wanted to.

3 Likes

Still, as good as fresh from the tortilleria is, nothing beats fresh homemade. Particularly because you can make it to taste.

1 Like

MMMMMM…10 dollar tortillas.

4 Likes

Surely. But the quality * convenience / price calculus was nearly unbeatable for most typical applications.

2 Likes

Please tell me you don’t use it like this: :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

NOOOOOOoooooooo!!!

1 Like

It’s all coming true.

11 Likes

does it have wifi?

4 Likes

Yes, but it’s only 802.11b. Can you believe that shit?

15 Likes

The only way to make flour tortillas is in your home studio at 3 in the morning while you are editing Sin City…

1 Like