April Fool's Day 2023

Let’s make sure we don’t miss any good ones this year.

9 Likes

On this most Sacred Day in the calendar of Our Republic, let us never forget those who fought and sacrificed so that we could enjoy it. I think this day deserves better than consigning it to a mere excuse for having a mattress sale. Our Nation can do better! Happy Valentines Day!

7 Likes

The other day I passed a church sign that said EASTER EGG HUNT APRIL 1 and I thought they’re lucky I’m not in charge of organizing that shit because I wouldn’t hesitate heh heh

7 Likes

A colleague told me about the one his kids pulled last year. They came running into his home office shouting. “ Daddy, Daddy; there’s a leak under the kitchen sink!” Having dealt with water damage recently, he sprang into action, grabbed some tools on the way, then opened the cabinet doors under the sink to reveal:

12 Likes

Technically, there were THREE leaks/leeks under his kitchen sink!

7 Likes

Just look at it!

13 Likes

Boy, my mind goes places with that structure.

4 Likes
3 Likes

51PquN82F6L.SX370_BO1,204,203,200

Joke turned into actual book. Elefanten Press Verlag had the title in their catalogue at the 1982(?) Frankfurt Book Fair as their own little inside joke - but got so many orders for it that they decided to produce it. It sold quite well; they published three editions.
Surviving copies change hands at roughly 10x its original retail price now.

6 Likes

I quite liked this one.

8 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Yeah, it looks like not only would I have to pay the inflated price, but also shipping from the UK.

Since my young adult ‘children’ are fluent in German, it would be a great gag gift for birthday/Christmas. Not at that price point, though!

Hmmm, I might have to put myself on a watch list…

3 Likes

I’ll keep an eye out. You never know.

2 Likes

bookfinder.com is great for searching all the used book sites at once-- there’s often a vender that beats amazon hands down.

1 Like

Tell me your child is Canadian without telling me! Way too polite to have come from executives in the U.S.

3 Likes

I was JUST looking there, thanks! Great minds think alike…

And @FGD1135: Thank you very much! I have friends in Germany whom we used to see multiple times every year (they came to the States, we’d go to Germany, or we’d meet somewhere else) so we might even be able to avoid the horrendous shipping fees!

4 Likes
2 Likes

Sometimes April Fools Day is just mean spirited

Don’t get my hopes up like that!

6 Likes

Dampf. Hah!

3 Likes