Warning: It's April Fools' day

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/01/warning-its-april-fools-day.html

12 Likes

Nevertheless, you can confidently click on any link that @beschizza posts. Given his firm opposition to playing timeworn tricks, Rob is never going to let us down.

21 Likes

Well that’s… disappointing…

9 Likes

No, it’s not. That’s a different day.

9 Likes

[checks calendar]

Aw, you got me again!

8 Likes

People always forget about April Fools Savings Time, when you move your calendar back three days in Spring, and then move it forward half a day in Fall.

They could just simplify it by adding a Leap Fool every two and a half years, but why fight tradition?

21 Likes

19 Likes

I woke up this morning and tried so hard to believe that this week - this week - would be a good week. So many weeks of just terribleness but this week I’m going to try to be positive and not let the world drag me down.

Then I looked at the date. It should be a law that April 1st cannot be on a Monday. Combining the worst day of the year with the worst day of the week just shouldn’t be done.

7 Likes

Pfft, yea right. People aren’t allowed to lie on the internet.

5 Likes

13 Likes

That might be difficult with all the timezones. April Fools Day lasts for 50 hours now.

I’m not joking, Baker Island is UTC-12, while Samoa is currently UTC+14.

9 Likes

I go with the classics. They were simpler times…

So on the morning of April 1, 1996, readers of The Philadelphia Inquirer , The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune and USA Today woke up to a full-page ad with the headline “TACO BELL BUYS THE LIBERTY BELL.”

Underneath it, the ad read: “In an effort to help the national debt, Taco Bell is pleased to announce that we have agreed to purchase the Liberty Bell, one of our country’s most historic treasures. It will now be called the ‘Taco Liberty Bell’ and will still be accessible to the American public for viewing.

25 Likes

Britain has had some good classics too

My great Grandma went to her grave believing that spaghetti grew on trees because “Richard Dimbleby would never lie”.

26 Likes

Hey, at least the newspaper itself still had articles and worked.

I seem to remember one year cnet (or maybe it was some other group of sites?) ran all joke articles for the whole day. I never went back.

6 Likes

14 Likes

I hope there’s at least going to be an intermission.

6 Likes

Most people will go to sleep at some point during it. Does that count?

5 Likes

Blood for Baal!

Whose laughing now

5 Likes
14 Likes

Indiana%20Jones%20and%20the%20Last%20Crusade%20-%20Didn't%20I%20Warn%20You%20Not%20To%20Trust%20Anyone%2C%20Dr%20Jones

12 Likes