Warning: It's April Fools' day

Remember that a lot of you see today on the internet will be humorless lies.

Sounds like most BB posts…

I keed, I keed… They sound like mine.

3 Likes

2 Likes

So Google…gig-economied April Fools? :wink:

ETA: (looks over shoulder) woohoo, 99 score with sushi and black tea!

4 Likes

This got some OpEdNews commenters despite being tagged satire. Worth the (short) read.

4 Likes

Here you go:

tumblr_mdlz58L7oF1rpduwho1_500

14 Likes

I think I outdid myself this year:

3 Likes

@beschizza certainly won’t run around and desert us.

I mean… I know I wouldn’t!

8 Likes

It’s Dog-damned Geocities all over again! Cursor trails, argggh!

5 Likes

You have to be careful.

http://95th-rifles.co.uk/research/radical-riflemen/

Many Scottish radical leaders saw armed insurrection as the only way to achieve their ends. Conditions were right as the post-war depression and unemployment created great unrest in the industrial south of Scotland, particularly among weavers. Government agents, however, were at work among the Radical leadership. John King of Anderston, sometimes calling himself John Andrews, appeared to be their chief agent. The Glasgow police commander, James Mitchell, reported to home secretary Lord Sidmouth in March 1820 that the radicals were preparing a general rising in Scotland. A few days later, on King’s advice, Mitchell arrested the entire 28-man radical central committee in Gallowgate. He then wrote to Lord Sidmouth suggesting that the agents provocateurs take over and issue a call to the rank and file for the rising on, significantly, April Fool’s Day. The ‘Proclamation of the provisional government’ was duly issued and some armed Radicals answered the call, to be immediately arrested by the military.

3 Likes

I celebrate Orthodox April Fools Day.

11 Likes

I like that. It’s simple, silly, harmless, and just on the right side of believable without being obnoxious or annoying.

Old Bay has the right idea:

And of course Think Geek is always good for a laugh…

12 Likes

Fark.com is another one that insists on making itself completely useless every year.

Spit my coffee laughing. This tops the durian based perfume ad I saw a few years ago.

5 Likes

Any nominees for April fools products that become reality? Like the tauntaun sleeping bag from a few years back?

2 Likes

FYI all, Stack Overflow has mercifully provided a “Go to the Future” button for when you tire of the glitter cursor, which does not take long.

5 Likes

The Mjolinir Mailbox! Only someone worthy could steal it, but stealing makes one unworthy. Take that, porch pirates!

Oooh! And the motion-control Mimic Package, to further thwart swarthy parcel thieves!

4 Likes

Perhaps I’m jaded, but it seems this day is has become a day when your friends bombard you with advertisements disguised as jokes.

3 Likes

55857868_10155881497911568_5350611536563929088_n

So, it’s not cancelled after all? Are you telling me I’ve been pranked? Curses! When will the weirdness finally end?

18 Likes

I celebrate Orthodox April Fools Day.

That’s a real thing.

3 Likes

I’m reading the guardian’s news stream. This thing is hilarious. They’re saying there would be a severe shortage of avocados and no more avacado toast if Trump closes the Mexican border. Funny stuff guys. Wait…

5 Likes