Arc Symphony is a Playstation game that never existed. Or did it?

This reminds me – the first generator I ever made was a JRPG generator!

It still makes the crazy titles, but the box art generator is long broken

http://beschizza.com/jrpg/

2 Likes

Real Japanese games with nonsensical English titles are really something to behold though.

-Bravely Second: End Layer
-Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness

There was a recent one that was really confounding but i’m having trouble remembering what it was or looking it up.

I love the reviews. I only did random two word names:

Flesh Sludge
Galaxy Universe
Spirit Opera
Basic Hobbit
Tongue Crown
Immoral trolley
Dominion Queen
Church Sail
Penguin Ace
Shopkeeper Giant
Kinky Fate
Electric Toilet
Acolyte Pasta

1 Like

No mention yet of the Berenstein Bears?

2 Likes

Key neuropsych bit around why false memories are so easy to create and hard to dispell: memory isn’t replay, it’s reconstruction.

Long-term memory appears to be stored in a Cliff Notes style format: the brain doesn’t store video/audio recording, it stores abbreviated plot summaries. Every time you draw a memory from long term storage, your brain constructs a fresh set of sensory “memories” that fit with the stored datapoints. Recollection and imagination are closely linked.

There is fuck-all correlation between how true a memory “feels” and how true it actually is. It doesn’t matter that you can vividly “remember” how an event supposedly appeared/smelt/tasted/etc; those sensory “memories” were created only moments ago.

2 Likes

That game was pretty awesome. I still find myself humming the theme song to that sometimes.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.