Archie Comics warns people not to write "Archie is a simp" in the comments

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/22/archie-comics-warns-people-not.html

4 Likes

Something tells me this was a purposeful Streisand move

13 Likes

But, wait – Archie is a simp.

20 Likes

Jughead, on the other hand, is the master of DGAF. However you look at it*, he deserves to wear that crown.

[* he’s now officially asexual, but here’s an alternate take:

]

Same here. Those Archie people aren’t fools when it comes to PR.

13 Likes

It isn’t a crown

34 Likes

Fortunately, when someone calls for polite behavior on the internet, it is usually met with apologies and polite compliance.

24 Likes

Get it right, people: he’s not a simp, he’s a spineless simp!

7 Likes

Thankfully you said that in here cos otherwise you’d be in a world of trouble!!

6 Likes

Wait, you can ban commenters on YouTube? Why the hell doesn’t everyone do this? YouTube comments have been a cesspool from day 1.

16 Likes

Talk about burying the lede:

During an interview segment of TV Land’s 40th Anniversary Star Trek Marathon on November 12, 2006 Leonard Nimoy stated that Gene Roddenberry’s first choice to play Spock was George Lindsey. Because of the flippant way Nimoy makes the comment it has been suggested that he was joking. The claim Lindsey was offered the role is given more credibility when Lindsey’s close friend Ernest Borgnine wrote in his autobiography, “my hand to God – he turned down the part of Mr. Spock on TV’s Star Trek, the role that made Leonard Nimoy famous.”

13 Likes

Don’t I know it. I may be a bbs gadfly, and possibly even a scalawag, but I’m no simp!

8 Likes

Archie is a damn fool for mooning over Veronica when Betty is a much better (imaginary) human being.

I admit that a lot of my appreciation for Archie has been diminished by the awful ‘Riverdale’ that my kid was briefly obsessed with.

3 Likes

Yeah, I actually had an impulse to go do it and then caught myself.

3 Likes

I always wondered what the hell that thing was.

It just looks so stupid!

1 Like

In the tragic ending of the Mad Magazine version, Archie realizes this…
Too late!

13 Likes

YouTube lets content creators ban people from their channels?

2 Likes

I read they wanted Martin Landau and settled on Nimoy because he kinda looked like him

7 Likes

Don’t ruin my head canon.

Jughead just loves Burger King that much.

1 Like

Ok, let’s write “Archie is a pimp”.

Happy now?

6 Likes

Apparently so.

https://support.agorapulse.com/article/show/38381-how-do-i-ban-user-on-my-youtube-channel

1 Like