Are we rationing "Likes" a.k.a. "hearts" again?

NOOOOO! Not my “Banned” user card background. ;-;

6 Likes

Something with the database which I would believe him on. This is Discourse’s biggest instance so we tend to stress test things.
I was wondering about the usercards and profile backgrounds as well.

Hey @orenwolf can we get a better technical explaination here please?

5 Likes

Laura Ingraham warned us.

4 Likes

Surely you’re joking. :wink:

6 Likes

It’s not just here, it’s also hit Elsewhere.

EDIT:
The usercard removal, that is

6 Likes

11 Likes

Update:
Guess it didn’t hit elsewhere, just here.

6 Likes

stops cloning git repo

5 Likes

I still have my user card elsewhere, but lost it here around the time we started losing images, so I assumed it was related and maybe just not fixed yet.

Edited to add: when I go to edit my profile, it shows my user card image is still there, it just doesn’t show up on my profile. Which is odd… but I don’t program so I can’t explain it.

6 Likes

So I dug into it a little further, seems like one of the rented amazon servers responsible for hosting images here was changed and the part of Discourse that points to it didn’t get the memo. Observe:

^

https://cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/boingboing/original/4X/6/7/4/674d99b97dd206d8e7902d2e3c2907e90938b620.JPG

Old Server
https://global.discourse-cdn.com/boingboing/boingboing/original/4X/6/7/4/674d99b97dd206d8e7902d2e3c2907e90938b620.JPG

@orenwolf @codinghorror:

not sure where in this instance you need to update the file host name location, but yeah, probably needs to be done.

9 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: @ficuswhisperer’s TL3 status discussion

I love that orb but I would take a sobering 10°F over a lobotomizing ninety-whatever-the-fuck°F it is right now where I am.

You Pacific Northwesterners, of course, almost never deal with either (nor, for that matter, the shiny glow orb itself about sixty percent of the year).

7 Likes

Heh, I’m adding Discourse System Stress Tester to my resume.

8 Likes

It’s been getting far worse year-over-year thanks to “#fakenews not real climate change”.

6 Likes

We have three seasons now — winter, spring, and forest fires.

7 Likes

Happy 4th everyone! Here’s to Khaleesi staying chill despite all the fireworks tonight!

3 Likes

I’ll let the Discourse folks know.

5 Likes

Usercard fix is checked-in and should appear over here shortly:

8 Likes

Yup, my user card profile card is back up. Thank you all very much! :rofl:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.